Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Hope all my friends have a special event planned for their significant other ~ or rather your significant other has a special event planned for you.
My significant other is Ben but he can't have chocolate (bad for dogs) but I'll give him a chew bone which will please him even more.  And of course he will walk around the house fretting on where to hide it so no one will steal it.  Then he will lay beside it to keep a watchful eye on it for extra security.  Eventually sometime today he will whittle that rolled raw hide bone to a nub.  But that is a ritual with him so maybe part of the enjoyment is just looking at it in anticipation.  Sorta like how I get when I know that I'm going to a rug camp..... the excitement of anticipation.

For those of you who have just recently started reading my blog thought I'd let you know more about Big Dog Hollow.  It measures 27 1/2 x 33 1/2   and is the pattern that I chose when Kathy inquired if I'd be interesting in doing a pattern swap.  She wanted one of my Frost Sheep designs  (the one with birds and flowers) and I chose her Big Dog from her web site.
Most of the background colors are comprised of these wools but also use some of my woolie worms sprinkled around ~ some extra blues, grey, a tan and orange texture and anything else which might make it look like 'that is all she had'.
The house I used 3 different colors of tan textured wool and various darks for the roof.  The house outline has 3 different shades of red/orange and they were woolie worms as well.  I feel so good when I can use up some of the leftovers.  Hard to believe that when I first started there was no wool stash here at all.  And now?  It is out of control and need to take a couple days and just organize it all.  To prove it to you, tomorrow I'll share pictures of my massive stash and you will all gasp.
And now the right side, as you can see there is still much for me to hook
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day.  Thanks for stopping by for a spell.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Oh Saundra, I love how Big Dog is coming along! I so wish we could have hooked our rugs together! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Ben has some sloppy kisses for you. Love and hugs to you, Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Valentine's to you Saundra !
    I remember when my dog did the same with her chew bone.
    She lived to be 19 years old.
    She had a huge impact on my life !
    Enjoy every moment with Ben. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentines Day my sweet friend:
    The rug is looking gorgeous. I love rugs that have bits and pieces of this and that.
    Yeh, I wish I was hooking with you too!!!!! But I'm headed downstrs to see the movie "FRIDA". It's chilly and rainy in FL.
    xoxoxo
    p.s. Kiss Big Ben - from Blu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day.
    love the dog rug, it sure is coming along. I want to see your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Saundra that rug is soooo darling! Love the houses. Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.