Monday, August 20, 2018

Inquiring Minds Want To Know....

Jennie from Georgia said she didn't think she had ever seen Belgian linen and what was the source.
On the left is Dorr natural primitive linen, what I normally use; and the right side is Belgian linen.  You can see the Belgian appears more translucent since it is lighter weight and holes are somewhat larger.

A group of my friends got together and purchased yardage of this to try.  Can't remember which rugs I hooked using this but after experimenting with various foundations chose Dorr natural to be my 'go to' linen.

My friend Shari's class used burlap as the foundation to achieve the lightweight and authentic ingredient for the antique look.  I'm not in that class and prefer to use a stronger foundation, since I already have a little of the Belgian linen left will use that.  For sure it will be more light weight than the Dorr natural primitive linen yet strong.

I purchased mine over a decade ago from Silkweeds of Searsport, Maine and have this small amount left.  I'm not sure where you could purchase it now.

Will continue painting this afternoon after errands.  Can't wait until all coats of paint have been applied and can call the task DONE.

Saundra

3 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra,
    Thanks for showing the difference between the two linens! We all seem to have our favorites, don't we? I'm sure you will enjoy using something different this time! Painting is ALWAYS such a chore and having to content with humidity makes it really challenging!! Hope you can get it all done soon!! Love your two rug choices and both will be a winner!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of it either. I use dorr linen too and am happy with that. good luck on your door
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Saundra. Don’t know that I have ever used the Belgian. One of the early kits I bought....around 2004....had burlap. It made me sneeze. Like you, think that Dorr will remain my choice. I hate painting, probably because I am messy. Good luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.