Saturday, August 11, 2018

I've Got that Itch

That would be the itch to start a new project.  Of course it will be an antique adaptation and this time something smaller.  Going thru antique rug photos here are some I'm considering.  But you know how fickle I am so before the linen is on my frame there might be other plans. 
Love the shape of the donkey and messy background.
The hit and miss border plus the blotchy background is visually pleasing to me.
Tossed this one in the mix also but probably won't make the cut.
Also attracted to the rug titled "Flying Horse" by the auction house.
Like the horse rug below but think I like flying horse better.
Four hearts four flowers might be fun.
Oh no, what is it with horse rugs and me?  I like this one too.  Actually it is a horse love thing.
This very primitive lion is interesting as well.  You'd think it was a dog were it not for the black whiskers under the chin.
Sheesh, another horse rug.  But if this is chosen I'd do a hit and miss border all around instead of his name at the bottom.  But still like flying horse better.
And this is the rug I was certain to be on my frame next. 
What happend?  I'm fickle, besides this would end up being bigger than I want to hook right now.  I want to challenge myself in hooking a very primitive antique look with a different style and want it smallish.  That way if it doesn't turn out it will be done quick.

Happy Saturday.  Going out to cut the back yard before it rains.  I still think of it as "Ben's backyard".  Miss that boy terribly.

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. have always loved the top one with the chickens...am not a horse fan so I change them all to cats in my mind...looking forward to seeing which one you choose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful rugs to choose from. I love the flower rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great rugs to choose from, I am partial to the first two.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chickens but the "Flying Horse" is wonderfully primitive...and just plain fun!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,,,,
    Love them all,,,
    But the horse ones are great,,,
    Have a good day,,,
    ♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.