Thursday, August 15, 2019

Throwback Thursday

In anticipation of the upcoming Rugs By The Sea rug camp thought today's 'throwback' photos should be from 2013.  We Three Amiga's (Deb, Char and I) have a special place we sit in the afternoons to sip wine, chat and/or hook.  We call it "Our Veranda".  Here is a photo of my roomie Deb checking her  emails
Then sweet Char, who HATES having her photo taken is making a snarky look at me as I take the forbidden shot.  The look silently says..."there will be payback".  She is fine lady but you don't want to get her Irish up 😉.  
Then a photo of me saying "cheese".  
When attending any rug camp I take a project to work on before the teacher gets to me.  That project was Lollipop Bouquet, an antique adaptation designed by Magdalena Briner Eby.  For some reason the shirt I'm wearing immediately triggers memory of this rug.
I totally enjoyed hooking that even tho it had 66 circles.  That is why I didn't hesitate hooking the Great Granddaughter's Rug with two lollipop bouquets in the design.

Am doing this blog post just before leaving for dental surgery to ensure you'd get a post today.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. I am hoping all went well with the dentist. I hate to have my picture taken too.
    looks like fun
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your dentist appt. went well. Great ladies! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories!
    Thinking of you today,,,
    Yikes,,,♡♥♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the dental surgery went well. And that you still had money in your purse when done....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lollipop bouquet is a great rug!
    Hope you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.