Saturday, August 31, 2019

MISC. Rug Hooking Chit Chat

A few posts ago I told you of my losing a few rug labels I'd printed out.  I know they were printed and cut out but have no idea what happened to them.  And, nope, they never surfaced.  So with enough labels to fill a page I printed out more.
The three labels on the left are for rugs already hooked or in the progress.  Oh Glorious Day design will be hooked at Cape May, the bottom design Friendship Bells will be hooked November.  Because I needed another planned piece for a label I chose the small Tonya Robey pattern I've had for eons.  I figure that could easily be finished in 2019 too.

When hooking an antique adaptation I like to put the original picture on the label as with the hearts and Great Granddaughter's rug.  Otherwise  usually print a picture of the design by the maker of the pattern to show another version other than what I've hooked.

A tutorial of making rug labels can be seen on my blog by clicking HERE.  If you wanted to know my thoughts on cutters, rug frames, etc. all you need to do is type those key words in the space at the top left side of my blog.

On my grocery list today is Glad Press and Seal.  For what you ask?  I've heard that if you press that on the bottom of the rug you're working on, when pulling the rug off the frame it helps prevent loops from being pulled out.  Also, I'm such a slob at meal time there's always salad dressing which doesn't make it to my mouth but makes it to my top.  Now I'll be prepared by pressing some of that on the front of my linen top.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra,
    Thanks for sharing again about the way you make labels! Yours are amazing and so nice to know how!! I have also heard about Press and Seal and it is also supposed to be helpful for punch needle as well!! Sometimes those simple household items are the best!!
    Have a great holiday weekend, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. good ideas with the press and seal. It amazes me how many rugs you hook in a year!
    have fun at rug camp.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You sure are planning ahead. I have three classes coming up and have chosen rugs for two of them, which for me is really good. Still haven't decided on the third.
    LOVE the Friendship Bells rug. I've never seen that pattern before. I'm sure yours will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome labels , saundra!
    Wow,, these are the best I have ever seen,,,
    Finishong a mat I have been working on off and on , over 2 years!
    Too many projects on the go,,,,
    Have great weekend,,
    😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip for labels. You sure do hook a lot! Your rugs are so amazing! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.