Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Object of My Affections

In the previous post I commented you may recognize the rug by that one panel partially hooked.  Uh, and then maybe not.  Just realized this morning that it hadn't been posted on my blog previously.  So here is that beauty which is now the object of my affections and is on my frame.
This antique Patriotic Shirred Rug is dated 1830, measures 32.5 x 71.5 and sold for $3,690.  I drew mine out measuring 16 x 35 which will be plenty long for me to display on my harvest table.

Comparing what I've hooked and the original think I'll put a little wool in the pot to dirty up some wool before I continue.

Saundra
www.woodlandjunctionprimitives.weebly.com

13 comments:

  1. wow and the middle thing looks like the covid drawing they do lol sorry.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ...this will be Beautiful !!! Hot & Humid here in New England ...staying inside except to water the flowers .....And Hook some more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,,,,,Great Mat Again!,,
    You have picked another impressive mat ,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saundra,
    What an amazing rug!!! I just love the colors and can't wait to see your progress as you hook this beauty!!! You never disappoint with your choices!!!
    Take care and keep well!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one will be an awesome rug! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is this gonna be? Love the rich colors that are showing in your photo....although I do understand they are likely not true to the "original" colors...but they sure are purty now. But holy heck...hope you're not doing it 32.5 x 71.5 LOL..... ~me~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! And each section could be a rug on its own. Or maybe a needle punched mug rug? That might be a bit too matchy-matchy though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait! I think the coffee just kicked in.... 32.5" x 71.5" !?!? Are you hooking yours the same size? If so - Wow, I'm impressed.

    What's the largest rug you've ever hooked?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait! I think the coffee just kicked in.... 32.5" x 71.5" !?!? Are you hooking yours the same size? If so - Wow, I'm impressed.

    What's the largest rug you've ever hooked?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way it says patriotic without being cutesy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.