Sunday, February 12, 2023

FINALLY HOOKED

Here it is Lauren, it's now done.  As you were shocked it hadn't been finished earlier thought I'd better get to work.  And Robin, just for you I've eliminated a step in the wool whipping by not doing the first stage running stitch to hold the roll.  Hope I have made your day girls, 😊.

Kimm joined in the challenge and completed hers way ahead of me.  You can see hers by clicking on her name.

Although binding Double Eagles still remains incomplete, I was anxious to get started on this one.  It seemed a wool yarn whipped edge suited this piece better than cotton binding I'm doing on Double Eagles.
Here is the original Lucinda Ward quilt block from the Reconciliation Quilt.  You will notice I took a few creative liberties ~ a sky colored background, fall leaves not green, extended the ground all the way across the bottom and reduced the height of the hump below the horse.
Someone else ordered a rug pattern and don't have linen large enough to draw that one either.  Yesterday I called Dorr (again) and told them I'd placed an order over two weeks ago.  Was again told linen was on backorder so I inquired where I was on that list.  She put  me on hold to find that list but the gal who takes the orders and keeps that list won't be back until Monday.  She left a message for her to call me.   I've done business with Dorr for years and don't want to change vendors now. 

Rainy Sunday and good day to bind and hook.  I won't, however, watch football just to see the commercials.  Will just wait until after today when they become part of the regular tv advertisements.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. Your Lady on the Horse came out great , her face is perfect !!! I like the wool binding too !
    We will try to watch the Super Bowl , but the The Puppy Bowl would be more fun !!!
    Just a good excuse to eat lots of Junk & not feel quilty .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Lady on horseback. I've never whipped the border like you by rolling the backing from back to front. How wide is your backing border before you roll it?
    I've always used a cord and fold the backing backward and then attach the binding and whip in one operation. I think I learned this technique from Gene Shepherd, if my memory is correct.

    Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many places are having a hard time getting inventory. Your Lady and Horse sings! Great colour choices and extra touches. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. Her face is great.
    I hope you got an answer to your linen dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love! I was able to hook a little bit on this over the weekend. Am so thankful you were able to send me the pattern since you are having issues with getting linen. Cannot wait to see what your next rug will be. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lady, Mummy Dearest, is the fairest of them all me thinks. Everything about her is wonderful. LOL on the skipped step. I need to do some binding sooner rather than later. ~Robin~ (The Cranky Crow)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.