Wednesday, February 22, 2023

WHIPPING and LABELING

Thankfully there is only one rug to bind on the pile as Woman on Horseback was just whipped and label attached.  There is a downside to my label making madness as I don't do individual labels.  I wait until there are 6 rugs to label so they can be printed on normal paper size fabric covered sheets.  
When I do an antique adaptation I always put a photo of the original antique on the label.  For the Woman on Horseback I copied an image of Lucinda Ward's quilt block on the label.  Here is a photo of the labels made for the last 6 rugs hooked.  
You can read about how to do that HERE.
This evening I'll try to make up hooking time on the "Stars" rug.  Stupidly I hooked a big star with the wrong color and ripped the sucker out only to hook it again in the right color.  This reverse hooking seems to happen a lot to me.  But forward or reverse rug hooking is still my comfortable place.

Weatherman says this area of Delaware just might, beat the average high for this time of year tomorrow.  Could be high 70's almost 80.  BUT then will plummet to low temperatures.  So plans are to do laundry for whites and hang them out tomorrow morning the make some soup for the colder temps.  Like I've said before.... "weather in Delaware is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get".

Saundra





7 comments:

  1. Up and down here too,,,,ice pellets,,,,snow last night,,,,and winds,,,,Not going out today!!!!
    Hurrah for you to get so much done,,,l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your labels are so pretty !!! We had rain most of the night , but early ,early morning it turned to sleet & freezing rain ....we had a pretty Birch Tree fall during the night , it woke us up with such a loud thud ! Luckily it didn't damage anything , but was rotting away . Still sad to see it on the ground , it was very tall .
    Will be a nasty day all day long ....a good day to Hook my heart out !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I need to make cool labels like you do!
    Thankfully our temps yesterday were in the mid 30's, so just a nasty, rainy day...but one doesn't need to shovel rain ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very bad at labels I have 2 large rugs to bind and yet I am working on stitching. I wish I was as organized as you are.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your labels are so lovely and professionally done. I still haven't printed any labels for my rugs. I printed your instructions and maybe some day I'll print some. I need to get printer ink cartridges and they are so expensive.
    We're getting a little bit of snow tomorrow but it feels cold and damp today.
    A good soup sound nice.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome labels.... I did a label...one label...once. 😬 I'm envious of your weather. We got a foot of snow overnight and it has snowed all day and is still going strong. I didn't get out to get fixings for soup, but I have a cheesecake in the oven and plan on making decadent gourmet mac n' cheese for dinner. Nothing like comfort food. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michigan weather is the same. We went from an ice storm all day yesterday to Spring weather today. Love your labels and they do look so professional as Julia stated. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.