Thursday, February 16, 2023

MISC. CHIT CHAT

Lets start with our favorite topic ~  rug hooking.  Thank goodness Double Eagles is finally bound so there's no chance of having 3 un-bound rugs waiting.  It is an antique adaptation I drew measuring 26.5 x 29.
The Forever Floral (23 x 33.5) is all hooked and I tweaked the two center pink flowers since last post and you might not even notice.  This is the present appearance and will look at it a few days to see if there's something else I want to change.  
Below is the photo before reverse hooking some wool.
Perhaps spring is closer than Punxsutawney Phil led us to believe because there's an invasion of Goldfinch birds at my feeders.  I took several photos from inside thru the window and screen but of course they didn't turn out.  Then went to the porch but as soon as they heard the back door open they all flew away.   

Presently I have only two bird feeders on the poles with each one having 6 feeding stations.  Those stations remain full with alternate visitors of finch, titmouse, black cap chickadees, wrens, cardinals, woodpeckers and those aggressive blue jays.  Normally I'd have two additional feeders on hangers at those poles but those would also be empty at the end of the day and sunflower seed is expensive IF you can find it.  

Temps today are supposed to reach 69*F and then drop to more normal temperatures with rain.  Oh well, I'll take the warm whenever it is available.

Must decide what to hook next and finish binding Woman on Horseback.  Or I could always vacuum and dust ๐Ÿ˜’.   Whatever you do today, enjoy it.  May all your loops be perfect.                                                

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. You put me to shame with your productivity. I noticed that you made the centre of the first flower a little darker and that you took the little dividing line in the centre of the other. I really had to look hard to see it.

    It's a gorgeous spring like day today and the snow and ice are melting. I went outside breaking the ice on the driveway. It's shows 51.8 degree F. on my weather app but there's a possibility of getting freezing rain. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

    I've given up feeding the birds because the raccoons takes down my feeders and the squirrels chews up my squirrel-proof feeders. We have a lot of Butternut trees around and that's why we have so many squirrels.

    Take care, hugs.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed your tweaked colors for the pink flowers too....really makes a nice softer look ! Just that little bit can make a big difference !
    Oh dear another dilemma choosing another design to hook !!! LOL
    It is 58 degrees here and cloudy .... just weird , but I am enjoying it ! Next week the kiddos have the week off , hope it will be nice weather for them to play outside !
    Nice to see all those pretty birds at your feeders . We don't feed the birds , Yogi Bear likes to visit on occasion & since it is warm , the bears are out & about !!!
    Hope you find a new design soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well t is freezing rain here right now. UGH So love all of your rugs! The tweaking on the floral one was hard to notice at first glance, but I figured it out. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the Double Eagles.
    Sadly, I think I would rather dust and vacuum than bind ;-( Dusting and vacuuming are on my to-do list today, but hopefully I will get to it tomorrow...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Sissy, I am loving the eagles. The color palette is just perfect. I have been gone the past several days and, as I am certain you can tell, I'm trying to catch up with blogging...but I am wiped out (not the best of sleeping arrangements) and things are getting blurry so I am going to have to call it an early night. When I first pulled up your blog, I thought the two center flowers on your Forever Floral were...well, parts of a woman's anatomy. Eeek...now that's tired LOL. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am headed to work today but I am thankful for it for now. after steaming the witch I will have two large rugs to bind. I am going on to a 4th of july rug.
    We are crazy warm but the cold is coming in again today for just a day or two and then back to warm. I still only have feeder going but we do not have the birds we usually do. I do stop in feeding once the bears wake up
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowing here,,,, and ice pellets,,,!
    No spring yet,,
    Love the floral,,
    Elaine๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.