Thursday, April 6, 2023

MISC. CHIT CHAT

Will chat about various topics, first of which is about the last tornado which came thru Delaware last week about 10 miles from where I live.  Below is a  map of Delaware and I've circled my town of Seaford and the area the tornado caused damage to over 60 homes and other buildings plus took one life.
There was an article about last week's tornado in the Washington Post which you can read HERE.  There is even a video which you can watch.  
According to a local meteorologist the conditions are the same as last week which has the potential to give this area turbulent weather this evening.  Am sure you are aware this storm system has already gone thru the mid-west.  So I will be on high alert and doubt I'll get much sleep if the wind is strong when in bed.

Another topic on my mind is the annual Medicare physical.  For those of us of  'a certain age' we are subjected to what I consider cruel and unusual punishment.  Let me explain ... just knowing it is the annual physical my blood pressure increases even as I drive to the doctor's office.

Then while waiting for the doctor the nurse takes my bp which is, of course, elevated.  The doctor looks at the bp number and says she wants  me to have a follow-up in 3  months and if my bp is high then will increase my medication.  So for that follow-up she would have used the hypertension code.  

Continuing with the exam the doctor gives me three words which I'll recall upon command a little later.  Meanwhile I'm asked a verbal math problem to solve in my head, after which I'm given a piece of paper to draw a circle, and mark a designated time.....say 5 minutes after 10.  These tests are to determine whether or not I have dementia?  Or is it a way go put a label or code for my medical records?  After all they charge based on codes, each illness has a code so more codes the more a doctor can charge.

Okay, so lets say for arguments sake it really is for my (our) own good and health.  Would they ask a 20 year old person these questions?  Hell they can't do math because a calculator is part of their supplies when attending school.  I can do it because at the age of 13 I had to do the math and make change with the old style cash registers.

Not sure how many teens can even read a clock since everything is digital and all they have to do is look at their iPhone.  Okay, so those 3 words after all that?  Sometimes I manage to name all three if I can concentrate and repeat those words during the rest of the interrogation, lol.  But most times I can remember two of the three words.

Sooo, the million dollar question is ~ did Joe Biden pass or fail those tests?  To quote Joe, "Come on man".

Don't know about you but I much preferred the Budweiser Clydesdale ads than the ad currently being circulated.  I am NOT woke, I will never become woke, I'll continue to use the terms 'manhole cover' will still refer to my remaining male family members as 'son' and 'brother'.  And will use the words man and woman not they, them, etc.  Okay, got that off  my chest, lol.

Now to the good stuff in case you haven't moved to another blog by now I'll treat you to a beautiful design by Theresa Rapstein.  The pattern name is Old Blue Flowers and is hooked by Theresa.  What an awesome design.
Theresa has a wonderful way with wool.  This is either hand torn or very wide cut.  Love it!  She has a way to make her projects look OLD.

Oh, in case you're wondering I had that follow-up visit with the doctor after 3 months.  I was to keep a record of my bp with the cuff and take it to the appointment.  The doctor also took my vitals while in the office and blood pressure levels were in the acceptable range.

Happy hooking.

Saundra






10 comments:

  1. Oh I hate those questions too !!! And my blood pressure was high on one visit , because traffic was awful & I thought I would be late & had trouble finding a parking space ....UGH !!!
    Theresa's rug is beautiful ! And really looks nice & old !
    I sure hope you don't experience a Tornado !!! Hope you can post a comment tomorrow that you are safe & sound Saundra ! Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know you are of sound mind and that you take care of your health. I've never had those questions "yet" but I know my husband would fail. It's a bit scary because it's like giving them the right to control what you can and cannot do.

    I sure hope that you'll be safe from the tornados. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    Julia


    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers that you are spared bad weather! Wind scares me. It was 99 years this summer a tornado came through Lorain (where I currently live) and destroyed a good part of the downtown and killed 72 people.
    Those wellness visits are a joke IMHO. I was told you can't discuss your current medical issues nor your meds. My new doctor told me Medicare frowns upon doctors when patients do not have it. What a racket. And I doubt Joe could remember one word.
    I'm not a beer drinker, but if I were, I would NEVER drink another Anheuser Busch product. And now that idiot is selling bras for Nike. WTH is going on with our country?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been spared the tornadoes but have had horrendous winds here the past two days and nights. The door on my pump house was ripped off and the yard is a mess. Wonder what I will find where when the snow finally melts. But praying you stay safe tonight. I don't sleep well either - it puts me on edge and gives me a pounding headache and with having sleep issues any way, I feel like a walking, very cranky, very edgy, zombie who shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects right now. Yes, things are getting a bit carried away. When I went to my last appointment, the nurse weighed me, took me to the room and then asked me if I remembered what my weight was. I asked her if that was a trick question or if she truly had forgotten. She confessed, and I told her the number she gave me. She then took my blood pressure, pulse, and updated my meds, etc. When she was done, I asked her to tell me what my blood pressure was without looking at the chart. She couldn't and I smirked for the rest of my appointment. Geesh. What the heck? Stay safe.... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are worried about yet another tornado in your area. We have high winds coming tonight but because of the mountains we never get tornados. Although their have been some in the past 10 years but usually it goes through the woods for some reason.
    So sorry the physical makes you so anxious. I just need a Dr I really like.
    Great rug and colors.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. My job makes Bob and I get a physical every year or I have to pay an additional 1200.00 a year for insurance if we dont do it. I was however glad only because it did force Bob to go to the doctor where they caught his colon cancer just in time. I hope no more tornadoes for you. We were under a watch yesterday, but thankfully nothing bad came through. I use to drink Bud Lite, but if I still did...would not anymore. Why do we have to comply with a small minority who wants to change everyone else. So sick of it. And yes President Trump wanted him and Biden to take a test and Biden refused...we all know why now dont we. That hooked rug is gorgeous! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes,,, no questions like that,,, yet!
    Bp most all the time is high,,, if at dr office,,
    Stsy cool,,,
    Take care,,
    Yikes,,,
    Elaine💟🐤🐤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot,,,,!!
    Love that mat,,
    Wow,,,
    Elaine🏡

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to sign up for commie medical care this year. Reading what you have to go through makes my heart beat so fast. I bet my blood pressure went through the roof just reading it. You have to go to the doctor? Do they fine you if you don't?
    Isn't asking those questions improper? Discrimination?
    I don't buy beer, but I will never every buy any product from a woke company. I will continue to vote with my dollar. I am so sorry about those tornadoes. Its just been such a bad year for them. We will be leaving for the Midwest in May and I know we will be chasing tornadoes or they will be chasing us across the nation. We did it years ago and it is just terrifying.
    Lovely rug by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drat!! Its Kim---Farmgirl by the way. I am never Anonymous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.