Friday, April 28, 2023

POLLY MINICK NEW FIND

Just found the adorable crazy quilt rug hooked by Polly which measures 28 x 36.  When I was drawing patterns for her and her classes, Polly and I kept in constant contact and she'd send me photos of the rugs she was working on.  This is one I've never seen until finding it on an auction site.  According to the description this was the last rug she designed and hooked before retiring from rug hooking.
The rug has all the images that made her career in fiber art so successful: Patriotic, Heart (love), Star (Hope), Folk Art, Nautical, Primitive, their beloved Airedales.  If you have an interest in purchasing this beauty you can place your bid HERE.

The Sam's Hat below I have seen and have drawn for her.  I'm sure she has hooked it numerous times.  According the web site sale is pending on the rug which measures 23 x 53 with a price of $3,600.
It was fun to see a couple of Polly's rug appear and was rather nostalgic.  

Dreary gloomy rainy day here so a great day to pull some loops.  Happy hooking.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. Wow ...Polly's rugs are beautiful ! I Love the first one ! You don't draw her patterns anymore ? She has lots of great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved Sam's Hat....that border is incredible! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both lovely rugs. Sam's Hat is pretty pricy. Just imagine, some day, your rugs will go for high price too.

    Enjoy the weekend. I can't believe we're already at the end of April.
    Take care. Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always loved polly mats,,
    That one iswonderful,,,
    Thanks for amazing,,,pics,,,,
    A rainy weekend,,,
    Elaine😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun rug. When I clicked on your link, the site said that the item has been removed. Sam's hat has always been a favorite of mine. I cannot imagine binding that border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never was a fan of crazy quilts but do love the Americana hat one. Love that one! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.