Friday, April 21, 2023

UPDATE on 1911 HORSE RUG

Now I'm happily working on the bottom half of the rug so I can see the end of the tunnel.  Must admit I've not been bored despite its size and as Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) pointed out I didn't need to look for the next one on my frame.

Ya know how we are always complaining about the color of the rugs we photo.  Perhaps it is the camera we are using.  This is usually the best camera I use and it is a Pentax Optio.
The photo below is taken with a Sony cyber-shot and colors are too bright not what I see in person.  Or perhaps the camera's photo pixels are too intense? 
Anyway, I'm quite content plugging along on this rug as long as it takes.  Besides I find myself intensely watching the History Channel's Skin Walker Ranch.  Is anyone else watching this?  Am constantly stopping to hook so my eyes can be glued to the show.  I was surprised the Geophysicist had been working with the government on research UAPs and is now back at Skin Walker Ranch to share with them what he couldn't before.  

Happy Hooking.  Gonna get cooler tomorrow and on Monday I'll be making my hearty soup.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. I watch Skinwalker Ranch. Rather I tried to. At the end of the preceding show, I blinked during a commercial and next thing I knew it was well past the end of the ranch show. I'll have to see if I can stream it online since they don't seem to do re-runs of it like they do the Oak Island show.
    The horse rug is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your horse is looking great. I noticed that when I use my cell phone, I have to tilt it a bit to get the true color. Sometimes I get the true color and sometimes it's off a bit.

    I almost never watch TV except a few minutes of news here and there. I've never heard of this show. I've been watching some videos from The New Brunswick Mat Registry about interviews with rug hookers. It's so interesting and I'm seeing people on there that I have met recently and some I met years ago and I had no idea that they were connected to the N.B. Mat Registry. There is so much history at every turn.

    The flood water is receding on the road so we are no longer stranded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Horse is looking great !!!!
    Never heard of that show , but my Hubby is in control of the remote ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of that show, but I don't get the History Channel so I have a good excuse.
    LOVING your horse rug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I don't have the history channel either. you are really coming along on this no surprise.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress on the rug Saundra! That background is so very you me thinks. I gave up with the cameras since I lost my last cable to transfer photos from it to my pc. I tried purchasing a replacement online but none were right. So it's just my cell phone...the screen of which is ever so slowly turning completely black. I'd really like to take a photography class but don't know if I have enough attention left to pay to one. Haven't been watching much television lately. I think I have Oak Island episodes recorded but lost interest in that as well. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just use my I-phone to take pics now. I use to take pics with my camera, but like Robin had to plug it into my computer and download. So much easier now. Loving the colors of the first pic you shared. Doing a great job! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made great progress. It’s going to be a beautiful rug and so worth every minute it takes to finish. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.