Tuesday, April 4, 2023

UPDATE on 1911 HORSE

Here's the update to 1911 Horse and couldn't wait to work on the tail and hip.  Perhaps I could have gone for a more brassy gold but not going to reverse hook this as it does look more brassy in person.                       
Sorry this update is so close to the last one but there's nothing else you'd be interested in I don't think.  Unless it is the level 1.3 tornado (up to 140 mph winds) which went thru this area on Saturday evening but thankfully about 10 miles from me.  But I did not sleep well since the winds were so bad and I've had trees in my yard blow over at 80 mph winds.

My dear neighbor Lamar came thru just when I needed him.  He started my push mower for me and while he was checking out my riding mower I cut Ben's back yard. 

I'd love input on subjects, photos or anything you readers would find interesting.  Just comment or send me a message thru "E MAIL" me.  Happy hooking.    

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Your horse rug is coming along beautifully. I've been waiting for an update. He's looking magnificent.
    I'm glad that your neighbour got your mowers going. It will give you some exercise mowing green grass. It will be quite a while before I'll be mowing my grass. Awe, the smell of fresh cut grass...

    I'm glad the tornado didn't touch down at your place but feel bad for the other people who were hit.
    I did about a half hour of hooking on the border and I planted more seeds today. Nothing worth mentioning.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Horse is looking mighty fine.
    So happy you have a Lamar to help you out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your horse looks great !!!
    Great to have a neighbor help you with your lawn mowers ! That sure saves you a lot of $$$$
    Thank goodness the tornado missed you ! We have had so much wind & really strong gust too ...we finally got our yard all cleaned up & hope we don't have to keep doing that !!!
    Happy hooking

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tornados are very scary and unsettling I wouldn't sleep either.
    Your rug is wonderful. Glad you have a very helpful neigbor
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy no tornado for you, We were under a tornado watch today, but thankfully the bad storms went to the South of us. So nice to have a neighbor as you do. Ours often cuts our grass as he says it is easier for him to make a straight pass with our front lawn with his rider lawn mower. We always give them a nice Christmas present for doing this each year. You are hooking away on 1911 horse. The colors look nice on my computer screen. Have fun hooking! I just love seeing any rugs you choose to share. Very interesting how older rugs were designed and hooked. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ur progress!
    Glad all well, m
    Scary,,,, for sure, ,
    Crazy weather, ,,,
    ElaineπŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ’šπŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making fantastic progress on the rug. The horse is wonderful. And reverse hooking isn't what it's cracked up to be LOL. You are lucky to have a Lamar. No such luck here. Glad you were spared damage from the tornado. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.