Friday, April 12, 2024

A LITTLE DIVERSION

As I'm so close to finishing the Fox rug it was time for me to choose my next project.  So that little diversion ended up being a gift for someone who likes sunflowers.  Truth be told I love sunflowers too but this one won't be mine.  
I've pulled several yellow and green strips from the 'worm farm' but cut the blue for the background which might work or not, will find out later.  The brown and gold texture is a wool purchased years ago which seemed perfect for the center seeds of the sunflower.  
The darker thin green strips in the container will be for the veins in the leaves, or at least that's the plan.
I've started hooking the small project and a
lready have taken creative liberties changing petal shapes.  The leaves might be next.
The linen was a very small piece which required stitching cotton on two ends to fit on my smaller sit-upon grippers.  I always save those pieces of linen left over from other projects as you never know when you can use them for something such as this.  

Have a lovely weekend.

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. Oh this is precious Saundra! It is going to make an absolutely wonderful gift. I love the wools you've chose for the seeds and the flower petals. Perfect! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fox...and your sunflower...will be done soon, so what's next???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet pattern but you will whip through that in an instant
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what a sweet diversion it is. I love the simple pattern of the sunflower. You'll get that one done in no time. I really like the wool you chose for the centre. Brilliant choice. You are definitely a die hard rug hooker, unstoppable. It's going to make someone real happy.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and I’m not even a sunflower person so to speak. That center is perfect.
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love sunflowers too,,,,Will be a sweet gift,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Sunflower ...that brown & gold is perfect for the center , the wool is great to use ....cant wait to see how you hook the leaves ...I struggle with leaves ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.