Saturday, April 27, 2024

THE FOX RETURNS

Last loop just pulled on my version of 1922 Fox but still needs steaming and binding.
In case you'd like to refresh your memory on what the original antique looked like here it is.  Not sure I do myself any favors by posting the originals but ....
Normally I try to hook the main motif like the original but wanted my foxy fox to look like a traditional Delaware Red Fox with the white chest and tip of tail.  But was unsuccessful in getting the wool on the legs to look like them.

Friend Robin said she hoped my lake was drying up.  So went outside to take a couple pictures to show it isn't dry, but getting there.  In fact with the winds you can see that wood limbs have been floating up from either the farm behind me or from my back woods.   There are still lots of smaller limbs, pine cones and other debris which I'll need to pick up before ruining the blades on my mower.
Previously I tried cutting the green grass weeds you see in the foreground but it was and might be still too soggy.  Here is another photo just to the right of the previous photo which shows how that area has started to dry up with dead dry leaves and whatever else has washed up from the wind.  
Who knows what will be growing on that piece of land when it does get dry enough to cut.

Was chilly today so I made a delicious Moroccan soup as I love the flavors of the spices in it (coriander, cumin, ginger, cayenne, turmeric and cinnamon),  plus they have healing properties.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. Your foxy fox is fabulous!!! I love that you didn't mimic the original in this case. I like the more realistic look that the folk artsy one for some reason. EEEK on the water! I can't even imagine! We were supposed to have rain all weekend and while we did have some last night, there was none today...we'll see what tomorrow brings. But the winds...oh, heavens....even if it had rained, it would have likely blown sideways right past us. My head is still pounding from it. It's died down a bit now, but supposed to pick up again tomorrow. I hope this isn't how the summer will be. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a realist and I definitely like your version better. you did a great job as usual.


    We had some water in the lower end of a field by our lane and it's been so windy for the last few days that it's almost dry again.

    I hope that it will dry enough so yhe grass will grow,


    Take care and have a great new week.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ur fox mat!!!
    Wow,,,,getting dry slowly,,,,,
    So up sounds great,,,,love soup anytime,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, like your version of 1922 Fox better. It is much more calming than the antique.
    Hopefully your lake will dry up soon before the mosquitos start laying their eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your version of this fox rug is much better than the antique one. I so love it! KUDOS!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fox is wonderful! Glad your lake is drying up.
    your sound sounds so good!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love your Fox better than the antique one too , your colors are beautiful , as always !!!!
    Hope your pond dries up soon !!! We could use a good soaking rain , has been so dry .
    What's next on your frame ????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your foxy-fox...it's perfect in my humble opinion ;)
    Lori from NFF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.