Tuesday, April 30, 2024

WHAT'S ON THE FRAME YOU ASK?

A horse of course.  Animals are my preferred object, particularly a horse.  They are magnificently beautiful creatures and I especially love looking at slow motion videos of the muscle movement when they run.  And when I had my own horse enjoyed lifting the mane and taking in the aroma.  Mind you not so much when cleaning out his stall, lol.
I drew this from an antique rug I've never posted on my blog.  Therefore I'm refraining from showing the rest of the drawing until more gets hooked.  Heck, should have cleaned up the loops around the eye so it doesn't look like a crazed horse.  And, yes, the original antique has red in the horse's mane.

What's on your frame?  Happy hooking.

Saundra


9 comments:

  1. Ooohh 😯 that’s going to be sharp! Looking forward to seeing more and the original. I recently saw a horse sorta outline and thought of you and that it would make a great rug 😄
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll stay tuned to see how it evolves! Looking good! I can just smell the horse the way you described— I too love horses but did not ride much. Kimm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one.
    I still have my Madonna of the Street on the frame. I only hook when I make it to the hooking meetings, unfortunately. Not much progress has been done on this rug. Take care.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is going to be a good one too! Of course am already loving the colors you chose. Even the red. I grew up around horses. I use to ride Indian style...am I allowed to say that? Anyway no saddle or bridle and would grab the mane when I rode. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking pretty gorgeous! I have nothing right now on my frame I just finished my rug I was working on.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A horse, of course! It's gonna be all kinds of good...I already know. I won't admit to what's - or what is not - on my frame. ;-). ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. pumpkins on my frame, on my linen, in my hoop and in my brain. LOL
    love your red-maned equine friend!
    Lori from NFF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be fun to watch this Horse come alive and the background you choose !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.