Friday, April 5, 2024

VINTAGE RUG SHOW

The post was to be either an update on 1922 Fox or another old rug show.  So an old rug show it is.   A pair of horses circa 1800-1900 from the Winterthur Museum.
A rug named Hard Times and dated 1874 measures 37 x 73.
A naïve floral.
And now a bold floral.
I love the colors and design of the geometric.  Sorry, no other information.
One day I'd like to find a ship with sails that I'd be driven to hook.  A Bluenose 1921 Schooner with dimensions of 30 x 42.
Cat with a ball early 20th century.
A whimsical landscape, no date but measures 15 x 33.5.
And my favorite in this post is the Hagley runaway horse hooked between 1860-1900.  Dimensions are 27.5 x 43.5.
Scotty dogs measuring 20 x 31 but no date.
Perhaps with warmer weather there will be more rugs listed on the auction houses for me to locate and share with you.  Actually I've even considered listing some of my hooked adaptations on the auction sites but seeing the very low price some get think I'd rather take my chances selling on Facebook.  

No way I'll stop hooking and recently gave a few away to family.  Of course my very favorite rugs will stay.  But the number of rolled up hooked rugs here need a new place to live.

Back to hooking the fox.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. I find Hard times rug so interesting. I wonder if that was the name of their farm or the hooker needed to get through hard times.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I like the bold flowers and then the sailboat...then I kept scrolling down and there were more to like! TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rug shows are great to see ! Hope your lake is drying up ! Happy hooking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard Times is a HUGE rug!!! Love the colors of it.
    I have a ridiculous number of rugs rolled up and have given away lots of smaller ones. I put a couple Christmas rugs on Facebook before Christmas and had absolutely no interest ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great mats,,,
    Hard times ,,,says it All!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One would think there'd be a limit to the number of fun old rugs out there but you keep finding more. My top three are Hard Times (love it!), the geometric and, of course, the sailing boat. Don't know why I'm always drawn to them, but I am. Happy weekend to you. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.