Saturday, April 20, 2024

SATURDAY SUNFLOWER

Am getting bored with the sunflower and made some changes but more changes might be coming.  Decided to not put my initials in, won't hook the date, decided to not make it into a pillow and will probably make the lower larger leaf smaller too.
The petals in the flower have all been from the wool worms/noodles.  The stem and leaves started with leftovers but found they worked.  Looked around and found more of that ugly (but suitable) wool and cut additional for the leaves.  Here is that wool.  Ya just never know when the uglies will work.
As I was drafting this post a response came in from a reader to whom I'd asked a question.  But this post was on its way.  

SO... my question to her was "what would you like for me to blog about".  Her answer was:  "what is the best tip I learned from a rug camp or teacher".  I do have a couple worth mentioning but would love it if some of you might send me an email and mention your best learned tips and I'll add them to my blog when that happens.

Happy hooking.

Saundra


6 comments:

  1. I like how your sunflower turned out and the centre is absolutely perfect.

    I never was at a rug camp but one of the best tip I got was to not use cheap burlap as a foundation as it will deteriorate quickly. I was told that a linen foundation would last long time.

    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur sunflower,,,,,
    I have been to a few over the years,,,,,many tricks and suggestions for sure,,,wish I could remember a few,,!haha,,,
    What julia said was great advice,,about burlap and linen,,,
    Don't hook much anymore,,,but love following you,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well me being a non green person, I do not like that green...but a must for these leaves, so a good choice to use this ugly wool. I was taught by a fellow rug hooker how to hook. Never went to a camp. I wont hook on burlap. It is too rough for me, but am always amazed at those wonderful older rugs that were. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sunflower will be done tout de suite.
    Geez...all the teachers I have had and I am coming up blank! I will ponder some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunflower is looking happy and lovely...even with all the "won't"s you decided on. ;-) Best advice? "Ya just never know when the uglies will work." ;-) ;-) ;-). ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Sunflower ! I have only had one class so far , her tip was to add more interest to your hooking add small bits of color here and there ....for value .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.