Sunday, June 16, 2024

SOME OLD RUGS

Lovely rug with petite flowers in diamond shapes.  Size is 24 x 65 and said to be hooked 1900.
A nice primitive abstract geometric dated late 19th century, 39 x 44.
House and landscape hooked early to mid 20th century.  Dimensions are 18 x 35.5.
A dog, no date provided, but measures 19 x 33.  From estate of Kathrine Pease.
Feathers and fur ~ are they friends or foe?  Given a date of 1910.   
Torso of two deer 19th century.   The background is blotchy but colors are a very close match except for a couple small spots.  As you know I sure do like a blotchy background.
Boy will I have a mess to clean up around my hooking spot when the last loop is pulled on Running Horse.  Try tho I may to keep colors together in separate containers there always seems to be a mountain of mixed values and colors to my right on the end table and arm of the sofa.  Won't be looking forward to that.  Sometimes I think I'd rather bind a rug than clean up after my mess.

Saundra




7 comments:

  1. That's funny ...you really would rather bind a rug than clean up !!! LOL
    Fun rug show !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rug show as always. My room is a mess but it is because of sewing.
    I haven't pulled a loop in a long time.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mess sounds exactly like mine. I just cram it all in a bag. I'm bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that before too and that bag is getting more full, lol. Sorry I can't reply directly to you and it's because you are a NO-REPLY blogger. That can be fixed, just google it.

      Delete
  4. I'd almost rather do ANYTHING rather than cleaning these days...well, maybe not paperwork. ;-). Happy (soggy) Monday! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for a great rug show!
    Hooking is never a neat endeavor, sad to say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for Show!
    Sweet houses,,,,
    And love that first one,,
    Don't like cleaning up either,,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.