Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's That Time Again

Since there are two rugs ready to be bound figured it was time for me to pre-wash the binding tape.  I've posted about this before but for those of you new to my blog thought this might be helpful.  If your rug were to ever get wet the tape WILL bleed into your rug unless you pre-wash it first.

So unroll a few yards ~ I usually roll out enough to bind the project(s) intended an more for another rug of undetermined dimensions.  Place binding tape in very warm soapy water and I usually let it soak for a while and occasionally will go massage it to help the bleeding process.  Here is was bled out of the black binding tape. 
After rinsing the binding tape I put it on the line to dry if weather is nice out; actually I would hold this task for a day when the weather WAS nice out.   To put it in the dryer would render lots of knots.
So hey, why not take advantage of this free method to get some dye to tone down those bright or white wools.

Have a great day and be kind to one another.

Saundra

3 comments:

  1. It IS amazing how much certain black tapes bleed!
    Binding ~ UGH! The downside of being a hooker.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used tape, so good tip to know if I ever do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.