Thursday, June 11, 2015

Back to the Man Cave Rug

Since Chum is hooked (not bound yet tho) and nothing planned (yet) to go on my frame thought I'd better work a bit more on my son's Man Cave rug which is to be a Christmas gift.  Here's where I am.
I've ONLY 6 months to finish this and it isn't quite half done yet.  Yeah, I know there's plenty of time if I stick with just finishing this rug.....but there's so many rugs I want to hook and temptation to start another 'between' is calling me. 

My plan on Man Cave is to do the border, then top lettering and hook background toward the other beer mug.  I'm not happy with the background on the bottom left and part of the darker outline around the pool balls. 

As I was concerned on having enough of all the same color value of blue added some darker value blue into the mix.  But now not happy with the way the background looks, particularly on the left bottom.   Rather than reverse hooking at this point will just finish the rest with the wool colors that work best.  If then I run short of the good colors will pull loops from here and there and 'make it work' as Tim Gunn of Project Runway would say.

Have a great evening and happy hooking, quilting or stitching....whatever floats your boat.

Saundra

3 comments:

  1. Have to agree, not fond of the darker blue around the balls, the rest I like, but of course it's your rug to do as you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get that man cave rug done with months to spare!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always hook that other beer... We used to have a pool table and the cloth on the table was green. I'm wondering how that would look. I'm sure you will come up with a plan and it will look the best.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.