Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February Springtime

It has been spring like weather here but things are about to change as of this evening.  Below is a quilt block I did a few years ago, is a design by Jan Patek.
Here are a few pictures I took just before the rain started.  Earlier when walking Ben could not believe the crocus were popping up in the yard.

And the daffodils are budding.
Even tho Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow, which indicates an early spring, the plants may be fooled by the recent warm weather.  It is not uncommon for us in Delaware to have a horrendous snow storm in February or even in early March.  But good ol Phil is right.

Tomorrow I promise to have an update on my horse rug.  Won't promise it will be finished even tho it is smallish, but an update nonetheless. Oh, did an edit on yesterdays post because someone questioned me about using a wide cut on rug warp.  So showed a picture of a rug hooked on rug warp using #8 cut.  If interested in reading it scroll down to yesterday's blog post.

Have a great evening everyone.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. How darling, the flowers are so pretty. The quilt block is also pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crocus! So sweet. I saw some daff leaves up today, but just a little which is good here in Ohio. I'm sure winter is not yet over.
    Looking forward to the rug update.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crocus! In February? Our snow was all gone but some is falling now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love Jan's designs, they are fun to do and yours is wonderful.
    I notice some buds on my bush, warmer than usual and then it will get cold again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet quilt block. Love Jan's stuff. Beautiful little crocuses.....so much fun to see them show their pretty blossoms. And at least they will tolerate a snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have been so unusually warm it will be interesting to see how the trees and plants do. It does not bother me in the least but oh those skiers and ice fishermen are not happy.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.