Happily my second antique adaptation The Old Brown Horse and Bunny is done. Below is a picture next to the wool used for the ground.
That very same orange and grey wool was used to hook 500 Mile Betts, my adaptation of a Harriet Powers Bible Quilt block. And must say it does look pink when compared to the background.
Something else I noticed too, is that the newest picture at the top doesn't show the garish bright blue sky either. Which means the jury (me) is still out about whether or not to use black walnut dye solution to soften/dirty up the sky. Just might still brush or dab some in spots just to give it a little old worn mottled dirty look in places.
Meanwhile, the pattern has been chosen for the next project. It is too late in the day for me to start cleaning up and putting back the mess I'd made and choose wool for the next project. The two mats have been steamed, edges prepared for binding and think tonight will be spent binding.
Yes, hate binding but am okay with doing that tonight ~ matter of fact it even seems like a calming event. Particularly since I did 3 loads of wash, changed sheets, picked up limbs and pine cones from the yard, cleaned out the fish pond filters and basket, walked Ben 3 times, steamed and did preliminary binding work on the mats. Whew, I just made myself very tired, lol.
Have a great evening everyone.