Thursday, February 4, 2016

Horse Mat Adaptation Update

Yes, it's been a while since I showed you progress (or lack of) on the first of two horse adaptations on my frame.  Just didn't want to bore you so thought I'd wait until a little more was hooked.
Honestly, the red in the brown wool hooked in the horse doesn't stand out in person like it does in the photo.  

And in case you've forgotten what the original looks like here's a picture.  
Remember, am using up as many leftover worms as possible.  Those mish-mash of white, cream and tan worms were overdyed with Olde Patina for the background.  In the first picture they take on a yellowish color compared to the original antique photo.  But that's okay with me because my intent was to make mine look scrappy and use up leftovers which seem to multiply fast.

Does anyone have a topic they'd like for me to talk about?  Not that I know the answers but would be willing to research and learn too.  

Remember all that nice spring like weather I was bragging about and the crocus?  We are supposed to get wet snow tonight and those poor crocus and daffodils will be shivering.

Hope your evening is mawvelous and Lauren, have fun at Sauder the next couple days (I know you will). 

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra,
    when I thought of how to get the aged effect and not fret over the red...I was thinking the crazy thought of 'run it over with your car..." so my thought to you is, what's the best way to hook something and then make it look aged afterwards? Coffee grinds? what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saundra,
    Your rug is looking good!!! Love that horse!!!! Great job, my friend!!
    Sorry about your sweet flowers!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for thinking of me.
    Horse is lookin' good.
    Hugs:)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how it is coming out and I know how the camera can pick up colors like that.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your horse is looking great and I much prefer your horse's tail. We're having the same type of snow today. A great snow for making a snowman.
    I'm running behind on reading blogs and everything else. Got a new calf this morning.
    have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.