Saturday, October 7, 2017

Last Loop Pulled

Yippee... just pulled the last loop on the rug named "On the Loose", a design by Bev Conway.  Those of you who have followed me for a while  know I'm notorious for making changes to patterns.  The original design was just fine but I wanted snow, didn't want the border and added the moon.
Above is a photo with natural lighting and no flash.  The night sky was wool purchased from Cammie Bruce.  Below is a photo taken with a flash and the colors show up much lighter and washed out than in person.
Now it needs to be steamed and bound but the binding will wait and will the be first in the pile.  Next priority is to finish hooking my grandson's Christmas gift; the lion rug I started will just have to wait.

FYI, the finished size of On the Loose is 17 1/2 X 27. 

Happy Saturday.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. I bet if you spit on your hook, you'd hear a sizzle.. My goodness you're fast.... It looks great. It almost looks like a Canadian moose. hehe.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saundra,
    Yes, I agree with Julia!! Your hook must be SMOKIN!!!!
    The rug is wonderful and I love your changes!!
    I'm sure you will be done with your grandson's rug in no time!!
    Enjoy your weekend!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great rug...the touches of snow are perfection...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow is a great touch!
    I can't believe you finished another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how it came out, it all came together and a nice blend of contrast without overdoing it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just lovs this one!!
    A canadian moose for sure,,, julia!!!
    Love the effect of snow!!
    Excellent job,,,,
    Have a great weekend ,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.