Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Which One Was Mine you Ask?

It would be this one.  It is a design by Bev Conway called "On the Loose" and Bev said she IS still doing patterns.  Contact her if you wish to have this or another of her patterns.
Once again I took some creative (?) license to the pattern.  I added the moon, the snow on the ground and trees.  Below is what the trees looked like before class.... no snow marks.  But I WANTED snow.
Ya know how I reverse hook, doubt myself and tell the world about it?  That is what poor Cammie had to deal with when I first started hooking snow in class.  Sweet calm Cammie said, 'looks great...go with it".   The wool for the 'dark sky' was over dyed and purchased from Cammie.

First photo is what it looks like now and wish she was here having a glass of wine with me so I could get her opinion on what I did the with ground snow.

For sure I'd take another class with Cammie who has a fantastic sense of humor and great color sense.  OH!!  not to mention a memorable class on "primitive". 

Saundra


6 comments:

  1. I truly do not know why you doubt yourself. The snow is great, the rug is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rug is wonderful, nice design and as always you are doing a beautiful job.
    It depends on whether you are trying to be more realistic. If there was snow on the ground, there might be more snow and the grass would be browner;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT, SAUNDRA,!
    I looked at all the pics,, and thought the moose stood out , as a mat u may be hooking!!
    Just love it,,, going to do a moose soon,,, love what u did,, snow on ground, and trees!
    Wow, u are almost done, too!!
    Glad u had a great time and enjoyed the teacher,,,
    Fun times,,,
    And good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your moose rug looks great and the snow adds a nice touch.
    You always do a good job.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Moose & the snow & the beautiful background !!! You have a great sense of color !!! I guess after seeing all those wonderful rugs in person at rug camp you do doubt yourself , but You shouldn't !!! Your rug hooking is beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    I wondered if that one was yours!!!! LOVE the snow and the moose is quite the handsome fellow!!! I'm sure it is a fun one to hook!!!
    So glad you had such a great time at camp!! Your rugs are ALWAYS THE BEST!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.