Friday, December 22, 2017

Last Loop

Just now pulled the last loops on #227 Primitive Horse rug.  The un-steamed dimensions are 26 x 39 1/2.  I know that hooking a rug alters dimensions from the unhooked foundation to the hooked version.  So will be interesting to see what measurements are after the rug is steamed.

Again took two different camera settings; the first one doesn't wash out colors.  OH NO!!!!!!!!!  I forgot to do the pre-binding stitches 1 1/4" away from the last row of hooking.  Now I've got to manipulate this honking big rug 3 times around to do the two rows of straight stitch and one joining zig zag stitch.  Oh well, have forgotten before and won't be my last I'm sure.
Here is the other camera setting with more pixels so if you tap on the photo it will provide more vivid view of colors in the rug.
In case I forget to mention previously in a post of this rug, It was hooked using hand-torn, scissor cut and some machine cuts.  Size of strips ranged from #8 from my worm bags to 1" hand torn.  At the outer edge I used a faded out (actually a walnut dyed) wool strip so it looks like it had been scuffed and worn compared to the second row of wool hooked elsewhere.  A little lesson on making an antique look I learned from Barb Carroll.

Tomorrow I'll steam the rug but tonight I'll clean up my wool clutter from this project and prepare to finish Birthday Lion.  Haven't seen Birthday Lion in almost two months so wonder what changes might be in my forecast.

Hoping all of your Christmas shopping and wrapping is done or almost done... mine is.  And if someone unexpected drops in they will get a bottle of wine.  That's my excuse for having numerous bottles of wine on the rack 😉 .

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. You did it before Christmas and it's beautiful. I didn't do any baking or shopping as i've been under the weather for the last 3 weeks. I'm just starting to feel better so everyone is getting money for Christmas. I'm still feeling tired after being under the weather for so long.

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out fabulously! I like how you did the shorter flower petal. Merry Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this mat!! Love the horse, birdss, flowers,,, love it all! One of my favorites,,,,
    Good for u to finish,,, (almost),,,,,
    Have a happy christmas,, ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of my favorites, love the design and the colors.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish I had your talent Saundra you inspire me.Have a Merry Christmas, hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    Each time I see one of your rugs it makes me anxious to hook again!!! My arm is feeling better all the time and I hope it won't be long now!! LOVE this rug and you did a beautiful job aging it!!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!
    Christmas Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.