Monday, December 4, 2017

Primitive Horse

As mentioned previously, this pattern is a Lib Callaway design but it is also offered by Jan Cole
You will notice lots of un-hooked space on my rug.  That is because I've very little of a certain wool named Gold Dust, a Rebecca Erb wool from 2010.  What is left I'd like to spread around as equitably as possible and then fill in with other similar as is and black walnut dyed wool for variance.

The one row on the outer edge is hooked with wool over dyed with black walnuts.  My intention was to make the outer edge look worn and aged compared to the richer Gold Dust wool just inside.  Just a little something to give the aged illusion to my rug.

The variance in color in the red flowers was hooked using the same concept....to replicate fading and wear.  

Have a great evening everyone.  Sheesh, just think.... only 20 days until Christmas eve (sorry Lauren, I know you hate that 'C' word).

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. love your rug! as always I learn something every time I visit
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of shading for age. It is looking great. I pulled my very first loops last night. I'm much slower than those folks on YouTube 😊 I need to cut more strips tonight (#6 cutter.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rug is looking very nice. I'm all tuckered out tonight and off to bed.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have gotten LOTS done!
    You can say the "C" word now that's it's December and I have most of the decorating done except for the big tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    Sure do love this rug!!! Hope you get your wool soon!! All the shading makes it look so old....and perfect!!
    Hope you enjoy your week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color choices and I love how the variations look.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.