Thursday, December 7, 2017

Request Fulfilled

After yesterday's blog post Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) wanted to see the cabinet to the left of the Christmas Cactus.  So here is photo number one with a doll in front.  This is a copper lined dry sink which my parents owned.

The Colombian antique adaptation doll I  made a few years ago.  Before rug camps I attended doll camps.  She is wearing an antique dress & bonnet.  She sits on one of those old rugs found at the thrift store which I've spoken about and an antique rocker.
The dry sink lost it's wonderful patina in this photo as the photo was probably taken too close with a flash.  We all know what a flash does with our rug photos too.
On the other side of the room you can see my antique pitcher and bowl set on an antique spool rung wash stand.  To the right of that is a pie cupboard my parents owned but the front panels had obviously been replaced before their purchase of it.  
The Doll on top of the pie cupboard was also made by me and is an Izannah Walker style.  I no longer make dolls but sometimes wish I could get the desire to make them again.  But, it is that rug hook which cannot be pried out of  my hand.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. lovely pieces nice to have something from your parents.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Saundra! We won't discuss our relative ages as you have work catching up. Hope your day is spent surrounded by friends and family who know and love you! Instead of sending me a piece of your cake, freeze it until next year?
    :) trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the natural luster of that old wood - when pieces have been used but cared for. The wood is just smooth and kind looking. Great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it really your birthday? Then, Happy Birthday Saundra. I hope your day was special. I'm partial to that pie cupboard, especially filled with yummy pies. I haven't had pies in ages. Love that doll on top.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is your birthday I hope you have a great one.

    I too love old cupboards and pie safes. Use them in place of dessers in my bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    If it is your Birthday, A MOST HAPPY ONE TO YOU!!! My hubby Jeff just celebrated his on the 7th!! I LOVE your dry sink and they are such fun pieces to use for display, unlike their original purpose!! You have some lovely antiques and so nice to be able to be the new caretaker! If they could only talk, what tales they could share with us!! Your dolls are so sweet and so happy you kept some! Perhaps someday you will get the urge again!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have missed your birthday. I hope it was a happy one!
    That's a wonderful dry sink, especially since it came from your parents.
    Doll camp? Who knew :) Your dolls are wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.