Sunday, May 12, 2019

My Wool Surprise

Do you have those odd ball pieces of wool in your stash and don't think you'll ever use it for anything?  Must admit there have been days I'd thought of getting rid of wool which seemed undesirable/unusable.  

While perusing my wool room for wool suitable for various parts of 
Great Granddaughter's rug I came upon a piece which would work perfectly for a duck.

Magdalena's original rug measures 32.5 x 43.5, but drew mine 26 x 35 ~  more suitable to my home and hooking desire.    
Here is my wool surprise.  It worked perfectly for the upside down duck in the top left hand corner.  Have no clue where I got it and am sure I'd not have purchased it from a teacher.  So it must have come from the thrift shop or inherited from a friend.
If you'd like to have a closer look and compare to the original, below is a photo of the same duck from the original.  Isn't exact, but close enough for me.
I've had unsuccessful dye results yet found that same wool was prefect in another rug.  So save those undesirable colors because you never know when they will work perfectly in a future rug.

Happy Mother's Day.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. That's such a classic, splendid rug! I want to hook it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saundra,
    You just never know what surprises are waiting for you, do you? Great wool for the duck and love your hooking so far!!
    Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day, my friend!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great surprise wool. Off to a great start.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you Saundra !!! This rug will be fun to watch as you hook away !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to have a surprise now and then. Happy Mother's Day! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is perfect. I. Will be curious to see your version on this one. Happy Mother's Day 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly is perfect for that duck. It is hard to hang onto some of those weird acquisitions sometimes. Will be interested in seeing how your smaller version works out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome duck!
    Funny how that goes!
    Have to sort out wools,,, maybe see stuff I forgot!
    Have a great day,,,
    More rain here and cool , chance of snow flurries!!
    Oh my,,,
    Have a few daffodils out and woodland flowers!!
    Thanks for sharing,,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, happy surprises are much better than the other sort LOL. Looks pretty dang close to me! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.