Friday, March 25, 2022

DOUBLE-FEATURE of HOOKED RUGS

Rug hooker and friend Lisa often sends me photos of antique rugs and asks me to draw them for her.  She tells me the dimensions she is looking for and I enlarge them close as possible.  This one of her most recent finishes 1907 Eagle which measures 23.5 x 27.5.
If you're curious here is the original antique.  Lisa said she didn't want all the other tidbits and also opted out the date.
Another she recently finished is 11 Star Flag, another antique adaptation which measures 26 x 35.
Two things can describe Lisa ~ she is patriotic and she loves horses.  She hooked this antique adaptation "White Horse and Scrolls", it measures 23 x 37.5.  
Here is the original antique.  I hooked this rug also but drew mine out smaller at 20.5 x 33.5.  
In 2017 Lisa hooked Frost Sheep and Birds, this is her interpretation of that antique rug.  Think I like the way she hooked it without the circles in the triangles and would make for an easier hook as well.
The E.S. Frost original.
Lisa has hooked several other rugs I drew for her but can't locate photos of them on my various flash drives at the time.  She has a couple in her stash that I'm anxious to see when they are hooked.

As promised, it is a double-feature;  now will show you the latest Dancing Rabbits photos sent to me.  Naomi said she made 5 dancing rabbits for each of her grandchildren.  I've inquired what the wording was on her rug but all I know so far is that it's a Grateful Dead theme (the dancing bears) and the first couple lines from Row Jimmy. 
Paula also has 5 grandchildren and did the same. 
Janice finished hers and added wool strips as a bow around the neck, I'm guessing they are all boy bunnies.
That about wraps up today's blog post.  Happy Friday and Happy Hooking.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. What lovely rugs!! I love seeing all of them. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa is quite the hooker. Love them all.
    What fun Dancing Bunnies finishes!!! Basically the same pattern...but everyone is so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would add a third way of describing Lisa: PROLIFIC. Wowza. I love all the rugs you've shared of hers, but especially the way she did the Frost sheep. Those are the colors I love. Sigh...that rug has been on my "wanna-do" list for a long time. So many rugs, so little time. Sweet bunny rug finishes... I am curious, though, as to what the writing on Naomi's says?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!those bunnies!,!
    THANKS FOR THE Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dancing bunnies do not disappoint they are always so sweet. so nice to see the original and how she hooked it. looks like she is a busy hooker
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa's rugs are just amazing! Perfect prim colors. I still also love looking at others renditions of their Dancing Rabbits. So many wonderful hooking accomplishments. Glad you received your copy of the magazine finally. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to Lisa for nailing the soft antique look on each rug- and to you for recreating the designs! Such talent!
    The dancing rabbits continue to entertain me. Great differences in each and every one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I'm not a rug hooker, thank you for this hook-along. I've enjoyed seeing all the variations everyone came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lisa did beautiful jobs on all her rugs , just beautiful colors !!!
    Oh , just Love seeing these Happy Bunnies !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.