Thursday, March 24, 2022

MISC. CHIT CHAT

And it is related to rug hooking.  Was disappointed my ATHA magazine hasn't arrived yet because a friend told me a couple of my rugs are in the latest issue.   Thankfully Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) sent me a couple photos as she has received her magazine.  

Oh Glorious Day was hooked in a class with Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios.  To say it was a fun class is an understatement.  But then all of her classes are fun and I always come away with a rug with great memories and color planning. 
Last March was so windy I needed to purchase W.Cushings Windy Day pattern to display each March and it is on my sofa table now.  As deer roam the woods around my house who wouldn't love to hook Winter Buddies, another pattern offered by Cushing.   Both of those were hooked at home without a teacher.
Finally after too many months of Covid lockdowns, masking, etc.  In
a November 2020 class under the guidance of Bev Conway I hooked New Year's Eve, a pattern offered by The Wool Farm.  I needed to welcome in a new year 2021.  Well we know how that year went too don't we.  
Nine more days and a wake up before I leave for rug camp in Ocean City, MD.  This year I'm staying at the Dunes Suites next door instead of the hotel.  And guess this will be the only camp I attend this year as I'm not going to Cape May this September after attending every year since 2003.

Happy hooking.

Saundra

8 comments:

  1. I really love getting to see your hooking. Its so pretty. I really like those rug designs too.
    I bet you are looking forward to the rug camp in MD. I know I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congratulations again!! (x4) These rugs are all incredible....but I really do love your color palette and the way you hooked Winter Buddies. I have to remember I have that and get it color planned so I have it ready to hook next winter....well, after I finish "Simple Santa"....and a couple other things. Sigh. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my copy last week of ATHA & was So Happy to see Your Beautiful rugs in there !!!! Congratulations !!!!
    The days are going by fast & you will be having a Great time at Rug Camp !!!! Will be wonderful being with all those talented people !!!! Hope you have beautiful Sunny Days too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you had been to Cape May for so many years. Sad that it changed so much that you have opted not to attend. Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see UR mats in atha!!!
    They are great!!
    Exciting for you soon to get to camp!!
    Elaine 🏡🏡🏡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newburyarts said...
    Congratulations! Never enough of primitive hooking in that magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on having your beautiful rugs featured in ATHA magazine. You worked really hard and deserve the accolades.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to be featured in this magazine. Kudos and congrats to you! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.