Tuesday, September 5, 2023

COUNTDOWN TO CAMP

Now it's down to the nitty gritty and make a plan to leave for camp.  As you are aware I've tried on pants to see what fits so you know how that went.  But at least I know not to pack those size jeans I could wear before.  Besides I'll be much more comfortable wearing elastic waist clothes and leggings.  My 'jeggings' (jeans leggings) still fit so at least will have a denim look.

For those of you who never attended a rug camp the classes usually have as  many as 12 people in the class, sometimes 14.  Some teachers will have students pick numbers out of a basket to see who will be first, second, etc. for their color planning.  Which means its best to have something to work on until it's your turn.

With that in mind a couple days ago decided to hook all the circles of color and have only the background and border to hook at camp.   
That way I won't need to carry all these baggies with colored worms, just background wool.  There are other colors under and behind the baggies you see. 
Since that photo those baggies have been put back on the shelf and the area vacuumed so the area will be relatively clean when I return home.

I've made a list of rugs for the show so I won't leave any home or forget to gather them all up to bring home after the show.  Have also started collecting other supplies.  

Was hot as hades here today with temps in the steamy 90's.  Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.  As of today the forecast for Cape May, NJ next week will be in the mid to high 70's.  However, I understand tropical storm #13 is brewing so will keep my eyes on that.  Hopefully it will stay away from the eastern shore.

Meanwhile, happy hooking.

Saundra


                  

8 comments:

  1. I would say that you are rug hooking camp ready. I hope the weather will behave and that you'll have a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing your circle rug all finished. You sure got a lot done already.

    Stay safe and well.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hades was here too today. Rain coming in tomorrow. Much easier to just do background hooking. Great idea thinking about that. Have fun at camp! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be done with your circles rug tout de suite ;-)
    Hotter than hell here in Ohio, too, but in a couple days it will feel like fall. Welcome to Ohio...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too hot here ,,oh my,,,hate it,,
    2 more days for here,,,,,
    Have fun,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting the hottest weather of the summer now oh how I hate it! I sure hope you have a wonderful time. I always wear stretchy pants because there is always so much good food at camp.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you are packing it up well! ~
    I want to play in my wool but way to hot for me yet....
    stay hydrated in this heat!!!
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a week of mid-90's stifling heat but today we are cloudy and in the 70's...and it looks cool the rest of the week/weekend. Of course, I got a sleeveless dress to wear for the baptism this weekend....I might be closet rummaging myself. It sounds like you are well-prepared and organized for camp...and I can taste your excitement! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your rug is looking ! It is Freaking Hot & Humid ...even schools are having half days . Next week will feel wonderful in the 70's !!! YAY !!! Until then I will stay inside .
    Brimfield Flea Market is on all week . I saw on FB they are complaining there aren't any shoppers. It's just dangerous out there . I feel really bad for them , The July show it poured everyday day , now a serious heat wave ....they can't get a break

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.