Tuesday, September 26, 2023

RUG WITH A STORY

Yesterday I had my annual dermatology visit but no rug to bind so took two rug hooking books to thumb through.  Both were by Anne D. Mather but a story in one really spoke to me. 

As you know I've often wondered what significant meaning animals or designs the hooker had in mind when making her rugs.  I've mentioned that when posting antique rugs on the blog.  In the booklet was a rug designed and hooked by Stephanie Krauss shown below.
The story was heartfelt and think you'll find it a good read.  This is the booklet with article on pages 108 and 109.  If you don't have this booklet you can read about it HERE.  Scroll toward the bottom until you see this rug and get to the story.
Happy hooking.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Touching story, it gives a whole new perspective to the rug. I tend to look at the pictures instead of reading them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very poignant story. Thanks for sharing this with us. I noticed the tulips in your last picture. The tulip in the Amish community is a symbol of hope, faith and charity. I actually hoked a tulip into my very first rug. Rugs can be very symbolic for some. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a moving story. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a moving story. Thank you for reminding me to pick up some of the many rug hooking books and go through them again.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartbreakingly beautiful story...and rug. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have this book,,and have read this story so many times,,brings a tear,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. What a touching story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only mimic the others- wow, what a story. LL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.