Thursday, September 28, 2023

Progress, Plans and Plus One

This is the progress on Lollipop Flowers which was drawn 22 x 31 and started at Cape May this month.  In case you're wondering, no that green color along the right side isn't the color to be hooked in.
I love how Caroline (Eagles Nest Woolens) color planned it for me.  She used my wool and since I liked gold also purchased some of hers to enhance the beauty of the rug.  If you'd like to see the original antique it is on a previous post HERE.

Plans on the pattern for her class in November have been made but will save the unveiling until a later date just in case I change my mind.  Yet I've enlarged the master pattern the size of 26 x 40 but haven't drawn it out on linen yet just in case of, you know, changing my mind.  

Think I've embraced the idea of hooking a larger pattern so I don't have so many small ones but rather a larger significant statement and time well enjoyed.

One thing for sure is I have my plus one all line up and sitting on the side line this time.  Remember that Going in Circles rug?  It will be fun to get back to it whenever.  It's like a good old friend always there when you need one.
Happy hooking everyone.

Saundra




5 comments:

  1. Love the lollipop flowers ,,,
    Your other fun one us great too,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really brought that Lollipop Flowers pattern to life. I love the colors and the Going in Circle is not far from being done. On Tuesday, I picked up my hooking stuff and brought it to the door but as I was leaving, I got unexpected company from someone who needed to talk and so I had to do the right thing. My hook is still in the carry on bag, waiting for next time. This is the second time in a row that I couldn't attend our hooking night meeting.

    Take care, hugs. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both rugs are looking great but your lollipop one really pops...it's actually stunning. I'm lacking motivation in every single aspect of everything. :-( ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Lolly Pop rug & the circles ! Just look fun to hook !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love 💕 the colour palette of your lollipop flowers!
    LL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.