Sunday, September 3, 2023

WOE is ME

Thought I’d better start trying on clothes before packing the suitcase only to arrive at camp with clothing which doesn't fit.  I haven’t worn jeans in about 3 years as I've been wearing comfortable clothing.  And, nope, the jeans I wore prior to Covid lockdown no longer fit.  All those ‘fat’ jeans that did fit before my 'get healthier kick' had been taken to the thrift shop over a decade ago. 
Let's just say I've cheated a tad...well guess with the few pound weight gain it's been more than just a tad.  I snack on Utz sour dough Hard pretzels, once in a while I'd buy 3 cookies.  That and exercising less would do it.   Perhaps I should have started trying on jeans a month ago, at least I could have maybe lost a pound since then ~  uh, if I was truly serious.  But too late now.

Thankfully those elastic waist pants are doable and I will be more comfortable at camp rather than being in a pair of stiff jeans.  Of course the final choices will be made in about 4 days when the Cape May weather forecast is more accurate.  But at least I'll know what fits and be sure it is laundered.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Too funny. Sorry I am laughing about your hard pretzels and 3 cookies. Today I had a bag of Utz salt and pepper chips (a first for me)...and ate the whole bag. Plus red licorice, FOUR cookies and 2 ice cream bars. The scale will definitely hate me tomorrow...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling,,,be comfortable is the best,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am back from Maine lots of eating abd mixed coctails. You better believe I got my sneakers on and headed out this morning!
    Comfy is always best anyway.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what happens when you focus too much on how many loops you pull and don't count all those calories in a glass of wine, hehehe...

    I ate three cookies today also and I usually don't eat any. I felt stressed by seeing all those nasty weeds which I didn't had time to pull when the sun was shining. Well we hardly saw the sun all summer. Like calories, weeds sure sneak up on us.

    I'm sure other hookers will find themselves in the same situation as you. Wear comfortable and have fun.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well , you don't want to go shopping for new pants ! Stores don't have much & sizes are wonky , it will just make you want to Eat the whole bag of those delicious pretzels !!! Just wear your comfy clothes & eat pretzels & cookies , hey we deserve a few good treats !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in my jeans. To me those are my comfy pants. Am not going to judge anyone on their size because I am no thin chick myself. You would think as busy as I am, it would not be that way...but I sit most of the time except when at the store. Hopefully weather will be perfect for Camp May. You will have fun am sure and no one will be looking at what pants you wear. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, now I feel totally guilty and ashamed. All of the above commenters talk of how little treats they all eat...other than Cathy on vacation but she makes up for it with her walking and hiking. Dang, I think I'm going to die if I don't have baked sweet treats or homemade ice cream to finish off my evening with. Yikes. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.