Wednesday, September 20, 2023

CAPE MAY CLASS RUG THROW DOWN

This first group of rugs are from Caroline Twigg's class (Eagles Nest Woolens).

Two Old Cats is being hooked by Deborah. 
Here is the original antique of that rug.
The Comstock Bed Rug is Mary Lou's project and a photo of the original antique is below it.

Night & Day pattern is being hooked by Leslie. 
I'm wondering if the rug below was the inspiration for Caroline's design of Night and Day.
Sally designed the piece below.  Hope she sends me a picture when it is finished.  Think it is sea related and those might be shells.  Not sure what those white strips are but looks like sand dollars at the bottom.
Meredith's project is the Two Sheep pattern offered by Star Rug Company.
Lollipop Flowers is what I named this antique adaptation I am working on.
 And the original antique is shown here.
Below is Stella's rug and at least one of the cow's was kindly drawn for her by Deborah.
Shari chose to hook a black sheep, it is an adaptation offered by Eagles Nest Woolen.  
The original antique reclining sheep rug is below.

The next rugs are from Lucille Festa's class (American Country Rugs) but don't know who was hooking which ones.

This first rug is an antique adaptation.
Below is the original antique rug.







I believe this antique is Lucille's version being hooked shown above.
Below is a photo of the back of Caroline talking to one of the members of the Howard Street Ramblers band setting up for their afternoon concert.

Well there ya have it, the fun of Cape May in a capsule, lol.  Thankfully the two-way ferry ride was without high sea incident.  I don't get sea sick, I was afraid of hurricane Lee cancelling the ferry and we got lucky.

Happy hooking.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Some very nice rugs being worked on. I like the colors you chose for the Lollypop Flowers rug. You're doing a great job as usual. Thanks for the rug show.

    We're having our Fall Farmer's Market this weekend so I won't get any hooking done until after the event. It's always so much work but always worth while.

    Take care.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ironic that you showed the Welcome Cats rug and then the Comstock rug right after. I think I was hooking Welcome Cats when you were hooking Comstock. Sure wish my pattern had been as well drawn (and as well thought out by the hooker LOL) as Deborah's is. Your lollypop adaptation is going to be wonderful. Absolutely love your rich colors. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love UR progress,,and seeing all the mats started,,
    What a great class,,,
    Fun week,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a feast for the eyes! It must have been a blast!! Happy/jealous.. Cape May is on my bucket list! Sheepunderfeet

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long was the ferry ride? So glad Hurricane Lee did not mess up your plans. So many wonderful rugs! I absolutely love the rendition of yours...even better than the antique one. I received your pattern and hope you got my payment. Thanks again for doing this. Look forward to getting out my wool stash to decide on colors soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great rugs being hooked and I really love the colors you are using for your Lolly Pop Flowers !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful works in progress! Sounds like you had a great time!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, at the beautiful rugs in progress here. Your lollypop is going to be super. I am sure you keep me with Edyth O'Neil's posts. I especially enjoyed the one she put up today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.