Friday, September 1, 2023

TURNING THE CALENDAR PAGE

First day of September, already?  It certainly felt like fall this morning as the temperature was in the low 50's when I got up.  Tomorrow will be a mirror weather image as today.  Since the inside temp drops as well, it will save on A/C usage when the temperatures soar to the 90's over the weekend.

In other news, I've heard from my teacher for the November camp (Caroline Twigg) who asked what my project would be.  I know what my project is at Cape May in just over one week but don't have a plan for November.  Since September is here already all too soon so will November. 

So I've started perusing my flash drives for ideas.  You probably have seen all the rugs I'm about to post but it is my ritual for looking for 'the next one'.  I do have an antique adaptation in the wings but want to hook that on my own as I know how I want to hook it.  Normally I take patterns to camp for which I've no idea on color plan.

I love this horse rug below and often thought about hooking it but couldn't make up my mind what colors to use.  Yes I do like the original antique colors but would other colors make it even better?
horse with scrolls

bird on tree Stump

Lancaster Chain Stitch rug
Does anyone know what that image is above the duck?   Is it a bird?  And what are those circles at the bottom between the deer?  

Flower basket

Have looked thru both flash drives and these are the only rugs in the running for November right now.  Am hoping the auction houses will post something interesting before November.  OR, I could draw a rug with animals from my woods (deer, squirrel, fox, turtle, rabbit, wild turkey, bird) surrounded by my last name or "Delaware".  OH, and maybe include a couple Rotties and Shephard.

Have a great holiday weekend.

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Bird on a tree stump would be my first choice. I think it's a sweet rug.
    I'm sure you'll come up with rug pattern to adapt in plenty of time.

    It gets dark so early now, but at least, we had a sunny day.
    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have no clue on the those images. I love both the horse and flower basket but would keep those colors. Big decision on your part. Temps are heading in the 90's for us for a few days now. Ugh Hope you have a nice weekend. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with Julia love the bird on the stump. We are having very nice weather although the humidity is creeping in
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy September,,,wow,,,Going to be hot here next week,too,,What!
    Fun Mata,,,Lots to choose,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lancaster Chain Stich rug is different ...have no idea what that flying thing is & the 2 round disks look like CD'S !!!LOL
    I'm sure you will find a rug that will Wow you !!!
    Today is our last day of nice comfortable days ,,,Heat & Humidity are returning , just in time for kids to head back to school ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any of those would be a good choice for camp, but I am partial to the first or second rug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bird on a Stump is my favorite. Hot, hot, hot here too...96º tomorrow and that is at the lake...which is usually even cooler than Nod. But, later in the week, we're down to 60's for highs. Cue flue and cold season. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.