Thursday, May 2, 2024

VINTAGE RUG SHOW

I'll start the show with a floral which has a border with diamond shapes.  Hooked during the 19th century and measures 38 x 50.5.
A rug depicting a Clipper Ship named Susanah Capt. Ed Luce.  Dimensions of the rug are 30 x 46.5.  I googled the name of the ship and captain's name and a few links were provided with info but perhaps the link HERE might be the one related to this rug.  If anyone has info on the Captain of this ship please let me know if it isn't the link I provided.
There's a lot going on in this hooked rug below ~ rooster, birds, maiden with cows, a barn and said to be hooked in the 1920's.    
The brown dog rug I saw listed on ebay.  Obviously Jenny Smallridge did too since she purchased it.  The rug was hooked in the 1800's according to the eBay listing.  
Old Hagley floral dated between 1850-1900.  It is also known as Old Chatham and is a pattern offered by several and perhaps I may hook it too but not in these exact colors.  The original antique rug measured 35 x 38.5.
Cute cat and kittens but no date.  I recently found it and thought it might still be listed for anyone who wished to purchase it but didn't find it  just now.
That's the show kids.  Now back to hooking and a little binding on my Fox rug.  Can only force myself to work on binding during an hour show of The Five.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. What a proud rooster and so love the flowered one. Thanks for sharing. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitten rug is kinda cute- they are comical.
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...cute kittehs! (PS...please stop sending your rain my way....I'm crying uncle.). ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must be a beloved rooster as he much bigger than all the other farm animals.
    The horse seems to take his time jumping over the fence, lol... A whimsical rug.
    Thanks for digging up the antique rugs for us.
    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rug shows are great ! Old Hagley looks neat !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first one ,,and those Cats!
    Fun mats,
    Thanks Saundra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.