Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Misc. Hooking Chit Chat

The other day while looking on Pinterest  enjoying the antique rugs I discovered this great geometric.
Look familiar?  It should, as it is the same geometric design as the one waiting in the wings for me.  Isn't it amazing the difference color choices make to a design?  And here is mine which will be worked on as soon as I finish up the Chicken Challenge rug.
And this one looks quite different but is very similar in design.  Again the hooking and choice of colors makes a difference in how the eye and brain sees it.
This was quite interesting to me and just might do this technique on a table mat, not a rug for the floor I don't think.  Surely it would need to be stitched and protected from raveling beyond the fringe you choose for your design.  This rug design is called Hildefern and is offered by Woolley Fox.
I've only a little more to hook on the Chicken Challenge rug so thought I'd save the showing until the last loop is pulled and it is steamed.  My plans are to send a picture to Woolrights so they can add a picture of mine with the others who have taken on this challenge.  If you would like the free design and participate or if you'd like to see how others have hooked their Chicken Challenge piece, click HERE.

Have a great day everyone and be kind to one another.

Saundra

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to you CC finish!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third pic made my eyes cross! I still would love to see your geometric finished. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all those beautiful colors!
    Can't wait to see it finished!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.