Thursday, April 25, 2019

Aged Well Hooked Rugs

Biding time to finish Early Farm Scene thought I'd show you some old rugs.  It is the aged rugs which make my heart go pitter patter and why I try to hook that look into my adaptations.

Compote of Flowers was hooked in the 19th century and measures 22 x 33.
Bunnies and Hearts with hit and miss background was hooked by Maria Beck Warning in 1884.
This Ship at Sea was hooked 1920 and is more whimsical than most old ship hooked rugs I've seen before.
I think the hooked dog rug resembles a Pug.   It was hooked late 19th or early 20th century... you're welcome Lauren (Rugs and Pugs).
A beautiful floral shirred rug but have no date.
Central Horse with diamond shapes, some joined to make 6 pointed stars.
This antique hearts rug below I first saw on Kelley's blog.  Was hooked between 1880 and 1910 and measures 32 x 52.
Have a great evening.  Now back to finish my rug and decide which color will remain in the rug....red or purple.

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all of these mats, saundra!
    The baskets ,, pots of flowers, always appeal to me,,,,
    Thanks for sharing,,,
    Rainjng here today,, might change to snow tonite! WHAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always enjoy your rug shows. love the ship
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the best old rugs! I, too, that dog looks puggish 🐾🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  4. the old ones are my favorite too..the shirred flowers is a treasure of the highest order

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your old rug shows... I have a few, but sold most.... Truly love the bunnies and the ship rugs....I never had ones that fun. Happy Friday.... Bracing for yet another round of snow. Enough already!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.