Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Early Farm Scene

This antique adaption is a Mennonite rug hooked in the 1900's and found in Lancaster, PA.  It has definitely been my happy place to fall during the prep and subsequent doctor procedures.  This is what it looks like this evening.
The size of the pattern is almost visible at the bottom of the linen.  Frontier homestead  did not draw the pattern exactly as the original antique.  So I've taken liberties from her interpretation to make it closer to the original using the restraints of the linen.

It will be somewhat smaller than the original and will be just fine with me.  Besides, I'm enjoying working on this piece albeit making changes.  Rug hooking is my comfort.

If you scroll down you can see a picture of the original antique.  Have a great evening and one day soon we just might really see spring to stay.  

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. You are making wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're cruising ~ lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have alot done already!
    Looks like so much fun,,,
    Good to have something to focus on ,,,,
    Hope things went ok saundra!!
    Good to get those things over ,,,,
    Take care,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful piece! We are having snow/rain this morning.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making wonderful progress. You are definitely a fast hooker LOL. I am gettin the urge to hook again finally, but I have some stitching projects I want to finish up first. I guess I am a bit obsessive/compulsive...When I finally start doing something, I get absorbed in it and don’t want to put it down....so I go in streaks....reading, stitching, hooking, punching, etc. Life would be more diversely interesting if I could learn to balance different projects at the same time. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.