Thursday, April 4, 2019

Throwback Thursday

Turning the calendar back to 2017 you will see a few photos from rug camp in Cape May, NJ.   Rugs by the Sea is a great camp organized and hosted by Norma Batastini and Linda Woodbury.  

That year I was in Cammie Bruce's class; here is a group photo of the students with Cammie in front.  
This is the Victorian Chalfonte Hotel where classes are held and our home for 5 days.  My friends and I have climbed the narrow steps all the way to the Cupola many times.  It is quite fun to view the area from above.
Americana Stars is a design by Cammie.  It is a combination of hooked rug and wool applique border/edge.  Definitely an attractive design with that edge but too much trouble for me.  I don't like binding rugs in any form and this beauty would be even more time consuming. 
Below is a design by Lori Brechlin, pattern offered  by Spruce Ridge Studios and hooked by my friend and roomie Deb.
Friend Evelyn hooked this Hutchinson style Mermaid rug.
Marilyn is a huge rug hooked by friend Cheri and is complete with real fur, as you can see.
Stubbs Horse Trainer was hooked by  me and unfortunately I still haven't hung it on my wall.  Was just thinking about that last night.
I know we all like to see how different people hook the same design.  So here is an antique adaptation Red Lion and we all three chose to hook our version close to the original antique.

First is hooked by Charlotte.
Below on top was hooked by me and the next one was hooked by pal Evelyn.
There's my contribution for 'throw back Thursday' this week.  Now to go out and pick up limbs in preparation of hopefully starting the mower to cut the enclosed part of the back yard.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. What a fun post ! The Marilyn rug with real fur was amazing ! Americana Stars was beautiful ,but I feel the same as you , that border was beautiful & had to take forever ! Fun to see the 3 versions of the Red Lion rug .
    Getting your lawn mower out already !!! Enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass & the nice fresh air !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be mowing lawn and we will be shoveling snow. :-(. Oh how I love that Americana Stars quilt!! As much as I love the combination of hooking and appliqué, I would never get that done LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome memories,,, great pix of mats , too,,,
    Hard to believe that was 2017! Time does fly, ,, too fast!
    I have been following you awhile!!
    Mowing! Wow,,, thats hard to believe,,, as our snow melts slowly,,,
    And expecting freezing rain this am!
    Sure hope not,,, hate that the most,,,
    Take care, today,,,,
    Thanks for sharing,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful post great rugs. We have lots of little limbs down from the winds we had the past few days
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great rugs..I'm a big fan of Cammie's designs and the stars is no exception...but the Red Lion in all three versions is amazing...love antique adaptions...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful place and sweet memories ~ love thos Big Lion rugs!
    Cammie's designs are wonderful ~
    L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Saundra. Wonderful post and gorgeous rugs. The American Stars rug...oh MY!!! I LOVE IT!

    I would love to attend this camp. I've heard Camp May is gorgeous.

    wishing you a lovely day, Doreen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.