Saturday, April 27, 2019

And the Consensus Is......

The pattern Early Farm Scene is all hooked and have already started binding it.  Yeah, that's a first....to start binding as soon as the hooking and steaming is done.  But I felt naked ~ there was no pattern ready on my frame to hook.  Couldn't make up my mind since I've patterns in my stash and some needing to be drawn yet teasing me to hook them.  Anyway.......

As for Early Farm Scene.....want to know how many voted on which color?  RED had 7 votes.   PURPLE also had 7 votes but one vote doesn't show up in the comment section because it was a personal email.   And there were 2 votes to BOTH.

Wondering which color I chose?  The purple won out for a few reasons: the purple was same density/intensity/value in the circle other than the points which were darker.  There was plenty of other red spread throughout the design but still another hint of purple at the bottom right flower.

BTW, this wasn't a test as it was a question I had for myself during the hooking of the rug.  Wasn't sure which color to go with even tho the purple was hooked first, but when it was done and saw the rug completed I knew the answer.  So that is why teachers have told me to "not pull out loops until you are further along".  
My next blog post will be about the 'outline and fill' concept.  There really is more than one way to do that.

Happy Weekend and Happy Hooking.

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. Man you hooked that FAST!!! What a fun rug.
    I can't believe you don't have another pattern on the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks old....great job and so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great , saundra!
    Like both colors but it makes sense,,, what u say,,,
    And its already hooked,,,
    Wow,,, cant wait to see whats next,,,
    Always busy ,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m shocked your not midway through another rug already LOL.... I think the purple is the right choice for the rug....It really does speak more to the old feel and the muted colors of the original....even though I originally voted red. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.