Monday, April 8, 2019

Missions Accomplished

Yesterday I completed the two tasks I'd set for myself ~ got those wild onion stems and flowering weeds mowed as well as dyeing two pots of wool.  Seems my light blue wool was depleted and I'll need it for a rug  with Kris Miller in September.

Was in such a hurry to pull wool and get it in soak that no 'before' picture was taken.  I grabbed pieces of natural, white off the bolt, wheat and recycled white clothing pieces.  Amazing how some wool grabbed more color than others.  

Already had a jar of Prochem blue dye mixed so used 1 tablespoon in each pot with +/- a yard of wool.   Bottom row in the middle is the wheat colored jacket pieces , no surprise there.  But was very surprised how two pieces to the far right ended up having more of a periwinkle color.  
Since I do primitive rugs all of these will serve me well in some rug.  At least now I've a variety of blue shades for my stash and even have more solution left if I need more.

Oh, and I did get a few loops pulled on the Early Farm Scene.  Maybe tomorrow there will be an update.  Happy Hooking.

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. nice light colors...need more of those in my stash...I know you'll be reproducing the antique hearts rug...it has Saundra written all over it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blues! you got a lot done
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variation in the colors. Especially like the periwinkle shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dyeing,,,
    And great jobs done,,,
    You are keeping busy,,,
    Have a good day,,,
    Rain here,,, feels like spring,,,, but colder coming,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like that will make for some beautiful skies! No flowering weeds or wild onions growing here,....8-10” of snow...mixed with ice off and on...and it’s still coming.... Somedays I hate living here...today’s one of those days. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.