Monday, June 22, 2020

Wondering What's on My Frame???

You're probably thinking it is something with scrolls, right?  That is on my list but wanted time to think about which one.  So started a design I'd planned before the scrolls post and which which has been on  my 'to do' list for a while.

I've posted this antique 'be-speckled' looking lion in antique rug shows before and couldn't get it out of my mind.  He's quirky, primitive, naive' and think he's cute.

For you newbies here's a lesson on "making do".  After drawing patterns there are always smaller pieces of linen left over.  When getting ready to draw myself a pattern I look thru those leftover pieces which are most suitable for the size rug I'm hooking.  Sometimes the linen is just a smidgen smaller that I'd prefer but there is a way around that.

I sew piece of cotton fabric on the short sides so the pattern fits my frame....easy peasy.  This pattern I drew 15 ½ x 24 as I prefer the smaller patterns now.  Cannot imagine ever hooking a room size rug.

Getting back to the antique rugs with scrolls....Still haven't made up my mind which one I'd like to hook but did draw a pattern of the two horse patterns with scrolls for two separate people.  Both of them are larger than I'd choose to hook but at least I've a pattern available in case I do.

Happy HOT Monday.


Saundra


www.woodlandjunctionprimitives.weebly.com

6 comments:

  1. I always thought this would be a fun rug to hook.
    Looking forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quirky little lion is adorable....looking forward to the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!!! He is going to be adorable! He reminds me of the cowardly lion LOL... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quirky and cute and thanks for the lesson. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.