Thursday, April 14, 2022

Chit Chat Smorgasbord

Are you ready for Sam the Tax Man?  Notice the 'man' is fat on his greed.  I had my taxes done last month and received my return from the Fed and State already.  So April 18th is the deadline unless you've asked for an extension.
On Monday I had a dermatology appointment in Maryland and it so happened the state was still selling tax free gas for their one-month one-time event.  I had 1/4 tank of gas so filled up and it cost me $52 plus change at $3.639.  In Delaware the cost per gallon was $3.899.   Yet, it wasn't American gasoline at all ~ we used to have American gasoline when we were energy independent until 2 years ago.  Gee, wonder why that is??  Okay, off my soap box now.
Remember me telling you I couldn't get the blade off the Fraser 500?  Thought about shipping it back to Fraser and have them do it for me then happened to remember my neighbor's father owns Seaford Machine Works.  So grabbed the cutter, the #5 blade (the cut for my camp project), instructions, hex wrench, some wool and off I went.  
Luckily her dad was there.  I explained what my problem was with removing the blade and he proceeded to remove everything and anything which I've never had to remove to replace a blade before.  Then the spring popped off the bottom which prevents the wool from getting jammed.  OMG, now I'm getting nervous.  But thought...worse thing is that I'll box up all the pieces and ship everything back to Fraser.  I asked if he wanted me to leave it there and he said he'd call me when it was ready.

He asked me where it went and I wasn't sure because I'd never taken the whole thing apart.  But did know at one time my wool was jamming and had to send the cutter to Fraser and he said the spring was out of sync.  But my neighbor's father was able to get it working and took a photo of the spring and how it should be ~ UH, just in case this happens to you.
I'm back in business and was quite happy her dad was able to help.  I asked what I owed (because I'll bet he worked on it at least an hour) and he said nothing.  Now I've a #5 to cut the wool for Mother's rug.   If I ever get time to hook.  Cut some grass yesterday and today will cut the rest of the yard. 

Sharon has shared her rendition of Dancing Rabbits frolicking around some decorative kale.  Thanks for joining in the hook-along Sharon.
I promise the next blog post I do will be a photo of my mother's profile.  Meantime, happy hooking.

Saundra






9 comments:

  1. This year federal taxes or extension are due on April 18. Emancipation Day holiday (April 16) in Washington DC falling on Saturday, combined with weekend moved it back 3 days this year.
    Yay to neighbor's dad for figuring out your cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great your neighbor could fix your cutter for you !!! Yay !!!
    Sharon's version of the Dancing Bunnies is another Cute One !!! They look so happy frolicking with the back ground !!!
    Has been Beautiful weather , too nice to be inside , have been busy cleaning up the sticks all over the yard & cleaning up the gardens !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Taxman is at it again. Our taxes will be done after Easter, the farm one will be done sometime in June.

    I'm glad that you got your cutter fixed by a neighbour. Mine is a Bliss model and as long as I keep it clean by blowing air with my little rubber blower it works like new. My husband gave me a ratchet wrench and it's makes it easier for my poor hands to remove the bolt when I need to change wheel. Mine is very low tech.

    Sharon's dancing bunnies are wonderful and fun with all the swirls.It has a magical feel to it.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. $52 for 3/4 tank of gas. What a deal...what BS!
    Happy your cutter was fixed without having to ship it off.
    What a fun Rabbit rug.
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. how nice he was happy to fix it. Yes gas is awful we have it at 3.69 and that is with the gas tax
    Happy Easter
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Free cutter repair! We have to send ours to Nova Scotia now. Sharon’s rug is very well done! Kudos Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you knew someone to fix it. A very cute rug. I have to buy gas today, its 7:00 dollars a gallon.
    California doesn't buy gas from the oil producers here. Go figure.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon's rug is precious...I love the kale...and the pop of purple even though I generally am not a purple person. As for the gas, at least we don't have any more mean tweets. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gas here is $4.29 UGH Love Sharon's rendition of Dancing Rabbits too! The scrolls are mighty fine and who would have thought of adding kale with that pop of purple. Great job! So glad you were able to get your blade working again. So nice for him not to charge you. Hope you have a fantastic Easter! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.