Friday, April 8, 2022

Honey, I'm Home.....

 Van unpacked but not the suitcase.  Sat down to pull a few loops on my camp project (will show a photo in a future post).  Thought I'd get my #5 blade on my Fraser 500 but couldn't get the bolt loose so removed the pressure screw on the Bliss and couldn't budge that bolt off that blade either.  It has been years since I've changed blades on them after purchasing my Townsend.  

Checked to see how much the #5 cartridge is and it is $198.  Holy moly.  Guess I could cut a #10 with my Townsend cutter and use a pair of scissors to cut in half.  No way I'm spending $200 for a blade I'll never use again.  At camp I borrowed Cindy's who was kind enough to bring the 3, 4, and 5 cartridges.

This weekend I have a Dancing Rabbit pattern to draw and ship on Monday.  I'm so out of it as I didn't sleep well last night, actually no nights so will sleep like a baby tonight me thinks.  Having fun is exhausting.

There's so much of camp I want to share but those will happen over the course of a few posts.  While perusing Cindy's wool stash I saw two rolls of overdyed background wool and could not believe the price.  Here is the primitive black bundle.   $50 for 2 yards of DYED wool.  I use a lot of primitive black backgrounds.
There was one more roll of very pretty wool but wondered how I could use it.  Unfortunately every time I lifted my head from hooking there it was taunting me.  There are a few different pieces of wool overdyed this color ~ some plaid and some mottled and will all work well together.
Cindy knows I'm a wide cut Primitive hooker so asked her for an example of how I could use it.  Well wouldn't you know she just happened to have a photo of the gorgeous monochromatic rug.  Immediately I went over and grabbed that roll of wool and one day will hook an antique with this color scheme.  
Actually I've hooked this pattern named Heritage.  It was my first camp rug with my very first teacher Mary Lou Bleakley who was the organizer of Rugs by the Sea before Norma and Linda took charge.  Here is what I hooked and had the teacher dye the wool and color plan it for me.
And as if I need one more strip of wool to come in this house this is a lucky 'being in the right place at the right time' sorta story.  The woman who was selling her odds and ends (something I should be doing) told Loris she was not taking home any of the wool so if anyone was interested it was up for grabs.  And no, I didn't take all of it, just these that fit me.
Well kids, at least this is a shout out but there is so much I have to tell you but have chores and responsibilities here too.  Must say it was fun to see friends again and to find out numerous people really do read my blog; it was uplifting, thanks to all who venture here.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. So nice to have you home and I am so glad you had such a nice time. Lovely wool.
    How nice to meet people who do read your blog. I always feel a little odd when they reference something I wrote. I love that rug, that is so gorgeous.
    I hope you get to sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it home safe and had a great time. How could anyone not go home with some wool if it is there. :-) Look forward to hearing all about camp. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow oh wow I would have scooped it up at that price too!!! I cannot wait to see your rug!!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy hell, woman. Most vendors charge more than $50 for ONE YARD of dyed wool, but two??? You done good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home and I hope you sleep well tonight. I have no idea what I would pay for a yard of dyed wool here with our Canadian dollar so low but I assume it would be more expensive for us Canadians. With the price of everything going up, I'm sure the price of wool will also go up.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the rug you were working on.

    HUgs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well there ya have it....Julia gave us hookers all the perfect rationale for buying more wool. It's a good investment and only going to go up in price so we might as well stock up now. 😜 Love that overdyed black...but haven't a clue re prices...stupid given how much time I spend at Cathy's, eh? That monochromatic is pretty.... I assume you are likely all snuggled in your bed by now...enjoying that "first-night-home-sleep-like-baby" sleep. I have been getting even less sleep than I normally do so that is getting dangerously close to virtually none at all. I can't function long like this. Anyways, looking forward to your campy posts. Welcome home Mummie Dearest...you've been missed. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see you !!! We all missed you ! Sounds like rug Camp was great fun . Hope sleeping in your own bed again will feel so warm & comfy !!! You got some pretty wools !!! Can't wait to see what you have been working on & hear all about your special adventure !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home ,SAUNDRA!!
    Glad u had a good time,,,,
    Have a good sleep,,, Great WOOLS!!!
    And look forward to seeing UR Mat,,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a blast. Nothing bad about rug camp (except maybe the strange beds). Glad you could do it- very spirit lifting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.