Thursday, April 28, 2022

THIS, THAT and the OTHER THING

THIS Blue Bowl of Flowers antique adaptation is finally bound.  The last loop was pulled April 3rd while at rug camp and now finally finished. Well, still needs it's label.
THAT rug on my frame now with the gorgeous overdyed wool purchased from Cindy Irwin isn't nearly done Lauren (Rugs and Pugs), but this is what is looks like this evening.  So desperately wanted to get that small section hooked before posting it but time was running out since I'm overdue for a blog post.
The reason I've been so unproductive is because.... THE OTHER THING has thwarted my progress.  Remember this part of my yard after the double snow storms?  This is how it started out.  For reference focus your eyes on the snow covered leaning log.
Fast forward thru several months.  That leaning tree long is still attached to its trunk and is visible behind the small tree in the foreground.  A little at a time I would lop off pine limbs as many as possible and haul to the back woods.  So today it looks like this, which in the photo looks small ~ UH, it's NOT small. 
Unbeknownst to me, sweet brother dropped by while I was at a doctor appointment and cut up the tree trunks in that ever-so-slowly reducing puzzle arrangement.  This is the other side of the previous view.
I will continue to drag the smaller limbs to the back woods but when the company comes to cut down a few threatening trees in my yard I'll pay them to take away the rest of the bulk.  I just can't carry those heavy long trunks to the back woods.

Keep on going on with whatever floats your boat.  Guess if it wasn't for HAVING to do yard work I'd not get much exercise except for walking to the mailbox.  Today I attempted to cut grass in the back yard since the pond water draining tubes have been removed.  But now am having trouble with my riding mower.  One damn thing after another ~ aint' homeownership grand? 

Saundra






7 comments:

  1. You got a lot done in your yard.
    It's beginning to look neat in your tree area. I know how much work is moving tree limbs as I've done that kind of work myself. It give you a good work out for sure.

    Your Blue bow is looking great. I did a little progress on my Madonna oft the Street rug the other evening. It's more fun hooking with people. I can talk and hook at the same time. You got a fair amount done on your new rug. The colors are gorgeous.

    Hugs, Julia

    It's been raining so no yard work progress this week for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am enjoying hooking with Julia! Your monochrome piece is looking lovely! I enjoyed yard work, but that looks like major stuff, so maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big job! it is always one thing after another. Love your blue basket and your other rug is coming along nicely.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Blue Bowl looks beautiful !!! Fun to see your progress on your new project !

    Yikes , you have done A Lot of work with those branches & trees ! My back aches just looking at all that !!!

    Too freaking Windy here to play outside ! Will get blown away to OZ !!! I don't remember having so many incredibly windy days !!!

    Hope your trees guys can clean up the rest of all those branches, trees & mess for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue Bowl is amazing. And the monochromatic? It will be done soon. I have faith in you...lol.
    That huge yard of yours really interferes with your hooking time. So much work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue bowl is wonderful!,!!!LOVE IT,,,,,GOOD U GETTING CLEANED UP OUTSIDE BEFORE HOT COMES,,!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I no loner have my large yard. Lots of work for sure especially if you have trees. Rugs are looking nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.