Sunday, April 10, 2022

Maryland Shores Rug Camp first couple days

Arrival day and a look outside my room at the Atlantic Ocean, and the ocean is calm.  
A look around the room with Loris tending the camp store (The Wool Farm) and in the foreground to the right is Heather, my next table class buddy. 
Photo  of Jeanne Benjamin's class with Jeanne standing in rose top in the background and sweet Sue my table mate in foreground.
Here is Cindy color planning a section of Sue's rug.
Progress on friend Pat's rug who was in Jeanne's class, it is an Old Tattered Flag design if my memory serves me right.
Cindy demonstrated how to make a needle felted bloom....
..which would then be attached to the flower and stem.
Cindy also gave each of us a kit to make sunflowers with seed beads, a piece of wool and stem.  It is double-sided and Sue took a break from hooking and made one in class.
Just realized I didn't get a good photo of Cindy but want to tell you about her upcoming HOOKED ON FAIRYTAILS event October and held in Lancaster, PA.  Click on the link and check it out.

I thought that Mary, my neighboring table, was just a normal person in class like the rest of us.  HA.  Come to find out from Cindy she is McGowan certified!   Mary said it is much easier for her to critique someone else's work than it is to see issues in her own rugs.
Next post will have photos from the rug show.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. Pretty view of the Ocean !!! Pretty flowers felted flower & sun flower !!! My goodness the rug Mary was hooking was just incredible !!! You can tell she is McGowan certified !!! Yikes that rug looks huge !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view of the ocean and so peaceful. Wow on those Fairyttails rugs, oh goodness... it takes my breath away.

    Mary's rug is huge and I would love to see it finished. Her green wool is all neatly held on a card to keep it from getting mixed up. You can tel she's a pro.

    Hugs,'
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photo shares! I agree...Mary's rug is HUGE...and holy intricate! Yeah...that McGowan thing.... Last time I went "down the road" for a little hooking get-together, there were 3 of them....and there were only 5 of us total (and in case you're wondering, I wasn't one of the 3... 🤣) Talk about a fish outta water. 😬 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous view you had! Love that Americana shield rug with all of those fantastic colors! Being McGowen certified must be something special. Will need to read upon it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire those with McGowan certification, but no thank you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just about every teacher here has a McGowan Certification. I am not interested in it one bit but applaud those who do. When I very first started to hook her granddaughter would come and hook with us. She pretty much took over her grandmother's business. Looks like lots of fun, great idea about the flowers. But I want to see your rug!!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful rugs and what a nice view from your room. I guess I don't understand that certificate thing. I don't think I am that kind of hooker. Is that so your rugs look like paintings? I am more like a Magdalena type hooker. I started hooking because I liked the primitive look. I liked rug hooking because it was about doing your own thing. I could be way off, though. I think its really cool when people do what they love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.